[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Show me the best of british literature.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
So i`ve read Dracula (i know Bram Stoker is irish, but it`s kinda near, no offense), and got really into this classy old romance stories, with a bit of fiction and horror in it. I`ve read Sherlock too, but now i don`t know where to proceed. I don`t know if i`m ready for shakespeare yet, because english is not my mother language, and i don`t want to read it in my language. What do you guys suggest?
>>
bait
>>
>>8065790
i`m serious bro. Did i say something awful?
>>
Read up on the British canon of gothic horror then.

Frankenstein
Melmoth the Wanderer
The Monk
Maybe Ann Radcliffe's novels and Castle of Otranto (boring imo)
Wuthering Heights
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Probably move onto something in the gothic mode like Conrad or Wide Sargasso Sea. I certainly enjoyed reading Conrad when I was trying to learn English. Really buffs your vocabulary.
>>
>>8065782
Irish is British. Ireland is part of the British isles. All Irish are British and Irish but not all of the British are Irish.
>>
>>8066123
>All Irish are British
>>
>>8066123
>Irish is British. Ireland is part of the British isles. All Irish are British and Irish but not all of the British are Irish.
This is incorrect.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 250x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 250x393
>>
>>8066686
t. Paddy
>>
>>8065782
the British isles includes Ireland, Scotland, and wales not just England you stupid cunt
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.