[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am very new to this board, never been on it before, Ive read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: OXvYs.jpg (677 KB, 1750x3024) Image search: [Google]
OXvYs.jpg
677 KB, 1750x3024
I am very new to this board, never been on it before, Ive read all high school level essentials, jekyll and hyde, old man and the sea, lotf, etc, I found a few essential charts online and was wondering where I could start, Already read the sticky and it was too much, far too many books to choose from, is this chart a meme? Or do you guys suggest reading these?
>>
File: starter kit.jpg (418 KB, 747x1417) Image search: [Google]
starter kit.jpg
418 KB, 747x1417
You obviously didn't read the sticky very closely or you'd've found the starter kit enclosed to the left.
>>
>>8065314
Sorry m8 im a cunt. thx
>>
>>8065316
;^)

That tier chart looks like a decent alternative. Just remove the tiers.
>>
>>8065314
I have 9 of these but does anyone have a link to a mega of classic books?

I'm gonna be spending alot of time at the hospital and need some new stuff that I don't have to carry with me.

Thanks
>>
File: 1459217245654.jpg (3 MB, 1820x4348) Image search: [Google]
1459217245654.jpg
3 MB, 1820x4348
>>8065336
that should last you long enough, not a bad list at all
>>
>>8065374
cool thanks

When I can get to the flea market it's the best place to buy books. Sometimes they are as cheap as 10 cents so I'm always on the lookout for stuff but my collection has kinda gotten out of control.

I'd rather have a physical copy but I've been reading alot of ebook at the moment.

It's amazing how books are basically unwanted nowadays, at the flea market I've had people tell me to take as many as I want but I try to keep it ones I'm actually going to read. It's easy to get out of control but I've found great books and hardly paid anything.
>>
>>8065383
I've been finding pristine hardcovers for under a dollar at thrift stores. Pretty good time to be alive.
>>
File: brave-new-world1.jpg (22 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
brave-new-world1.jpg
22 KB, 500x375
>>8065387
Funny because people mock the flea market where I live because people have money and look down on it but it's such a great place for finds just like thrift stores. People overlook those kinda places because they are considered "dirty" or whatever but I don't care because I can see the value in the stuff. I mean I just got an awesome copy of Brave New World for a quarter from some old lady and weirdly enough since I never read it, I'm just finishing it up now but would of had to pay at least a few bucks for it otherwise. It doesn't have the dust jacket but otherwise it is in perfect shape so for a frickin quarter it was perfect for me.
>>
>>8065387
Also I forgot to mention, if you live in an affluent area or close to one you should check out those thrift stores in the area. People place very little value on books anymore and they buy very expensive copies and basically throw them away. The richer the people in an area the better the stuff I find and it's usually in decent shape.
>>
File: 1411613192187.jpg (1 MB, 1600x3048) Image search: [Google]
1411613192187.jpg
1 MB, 1600x3048
>>
>>8065404
Too bad Brave New World is Garbage
>>
>>8065424
u r
>>
>>8065424
Was worth 25 cents so far
>>
>>8065425
Even Epsilons are useful.
>>
Highly recommend Confederacy of Dunces desu
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.