[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What book will help me find inner peace?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
What book will help me find inner peace?
>>
define inner peace
>>
Don't fall in love. In any way.
Cash out now and train yourself to become a sociopath. You're on 4chan so you're off to a good start. Head on over to /b/ or /pol/.
>>
File: andrey-surnov-.jpg (191 KB, 967x1400) Image search: [Google]
andrey-surnov-.jpg
191 KB, 967x1400
>>8065177
Is this really all there is to it?
>>
Read Hesses Siddharta
>>
>>8065448
The obvious answer, but the correct one.
>>
Lrn2 meditate scrublord.
>>
>>8066299
Gay
>>
>>8065448

probably the only book any person needs to read
>>
The Qur'an.
>>
Anthony 'the Man' Mundine.
>>
>>8066305
>>8066277
>>8065448
>▶
>>8065448
I started reading it, got about 40% through and it was just so boring. What is the big deal with it? Also, surely anyone who posts in this abrasive shit hole hasn't really found inner peace
>>
>>8066334

in a completely non-offensive way, are you new to reading? Perhaps if you are used to spending time on the internet then your concentration span will have suffered, so I would sincerely urge you to give it another go. Read it slowly, it's only short.

Also, I imagine that the people here who have found "inner peace" (whatever that means) are probably not the majority of posters
>>
>>8066334
It's a meme book.
>>
>>8066334
so...you have no idea why the book is praised because you didn't finish. good to know.

it's like an intro to eastern philosophy that's reeeaaally accessible.

but I don't think it'll lead anyone to inner peace. some shit just never calms down until you get older and get used to it. then you know where you focus your attention and where to not waste it. that's all.

but exercise, a good diet, having a few friends to be sociable with, and having a few hobbies to lose yourself in will all help with mental health.
>>
My new, /lit/-inspired masterpiece might help you. It's my Magnum Opus. Here are some excerpts:

>“Henry!”, Paul shouted, homing in on his table. “You pretentious cunt, what’re you doing here?”

>Unimpressed, Henry looked up from his smartphone and forced a smile. “Remind me why we’re friends again?”

>“It’s just banter, mate.” Paul found himself with a smile of his own as he sat himself down, much more genuine than the one he had been offered. “Still though, are you fuckin’ serious?”

>Paul could be harsh, but also fair; and here was no exception. Beside his phone, Henry had a top hat; sat upside down, filled with a perfume and a plum bobbing stupidly within. On the floor, beside his chair, was a dog-eared copy of ‘Gravity’s Rainbow’ by Thomas Pynchon. Neither of these things had escaped his notice. Henry didn’t dignify him with a verbal response this time, pulling an ugly half-smile to show disdain instead; but Paul didn’t seem to need one; folding his arms as he made himself comfortable, before shouting over to the barman for a pint.

>“You’re always readin’ books, but you don’t think I’ve seen that episode of the Simpsons?” Paul looked incredulous, but then he usually looked at Henry as Henry looked at him; the two of them had very little in common, yet piqued one other’s curiosity to no end. “We should call you Barney, who the fuck calls their child Henry? And don’t tell me your man over there had that shit waiting under the bar. You brought that with you, didn’t you? Top hat and all that, you wee prick.”
>>
File: Get out.jpg (108 KB, 540x562) Image search: [Google]
Get out.jpg
108 KB, 540x562
>>8066369

Kek. Show us more Henry.
>>
walden
>>
>>8066388

>Henry, overweight and introverted as he was, had spent most of the evening sat alone within the Hilton’s stately bar. Pink and purple light washed over everything, himself included; though were it not for his head he might have been mistaken for a part of the décor. Fat and flabby, as already hinted at, he wore a heavy canvas coat to hide his figure; yet with a well-groomed beard and his hair rather fashionably cut with the back and sides quite short (the top, conversely, left long and almost windswept), he always thought and hoped himself to be quite average by way of his appearance.

>The truth was that he probably wasn’t; but then lately he’d been reading Schopenhauer on his daily commute, and concluded it’s impossible to see yourself objectively, and so he went out on a wing and prayer as he always did, trying to take pride in how he looked. By now, the place was reasonably busy; and once or twice a minute, he’d look at his smartphone in vain. Most of the time, this meant nothing more refreshing his Facebook feed; but with no more than sixty friends, most of which he’d never even met, the boredom was now palpable.
>>
File: u mad m8.jpg (147 KB, 405x412) Image search: [Google]
u mad m8.jpg
147 KB, 405x412
>>8066369

>Beside his phone, Henry had a top hat; sat upside down, filled with a perfume and a plum bobbing stupidly within. On the floor, beside his chair, was a dog-eared copy of ‘Gravity’s Rainbow’ by Thomas Pynchon.
>>
File: 1120050.jpg (20 KB, 300x454) Image search: [Google]
1120050.jpg
20 KB, 300x454
>>
>>8066369
>>8066399

Never give up.
>>
>>8066367
i have some idea because i read part of the book
>>
>>8066429
Youre an idiot.
>>
>>8066439
spoken like a guy who doesn't get wound up easily and has achieved inner peace.

I can tell it works!
>>
>>8066369
>>8066399
This is actually pretty good. Congrats keep it up
>>
The Dhammapada, OP!

May you be happy :)
>>
>not being a NEET hermit with no company aside from his books
not patrician enough
>>
File: Imagination intensifies.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
Imagination intensifies.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
>>8066369
>>8066399

This could be some sort of modern/surreal classic. I don't see why you'd put so much effort into just parodying /lit/ however.

Still, a pretentious book about a pretentious character; possibly implying the author is himself pretentious. That could go places.
>>
File: image.gif (510 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
510 KB, 500x375
You were a troubled boy pretending to be a troubled boy with a heart of gold, but I was a troubled boy with a heart of gold pretending to be a troubled boy pretending to be a troubled boy with a heart of gold ( that's why I'd get invited to the birthday parties >;))

Get on my level
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.