[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finish a book >all those treasured moments are nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: sad croc.jpg (26 KB, 656x400) Image search: [Google]
sad croc.jpg
26 KB, 656x400
>finish a book
>all those treasured moments are nothing but paper and ink
>>
Your other memories only exist in your mind
>>
>>8064324
Reread it
>>8064350
ddamn....
>>
that's like saying that having a good time with friends is invalidated because they're just flesh and blood

the paper and ink is just the medium through which the author reaches out to you
>>
>>8064376
>that's like saying that having a good time with friends is invalidated because they're just flesh and blood

never realized this before and now i don't even want friends desu
>>
>>8064385
But they have souls too, anon
>>
>>8064324
Get some life experience anon, stories are either relations or fantasies.
>>
>there will never be a good thread on /lit/
>>
>>8064406
Shakespeare threads are usually pretty good, mostly because there's one or two anons here that are very well informed on THE BARD.
>>
File: 1463685199216.jpg (13 KB, 229x255) Image search: [Google]
1463685199216.jpg
13 KB, 229x255
>>8064406
Seems the only time serious literary discussion occurs is in retaliation to memes or shitposting.
>>
>>8064400
>implying the soul is anything more than words printed in the mind
>>
>>8064324
Paper and ink matter about as much as anything.
>>
Well this is every English word you've ever heard or read

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

How does that make you feel
>>
>>8065662
>heard
>proceeds to list the letters of English orthography
>>
>>8065662
>26 letters
>when english has over 50 distinct sounds
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 480x480
>have an experience
>all those treasured moments are nothing but neurons firing in my brain
>didn't even write it down
>>
>finish a good bit of nice lunch
>wow what a great sandwich all now gobbled up
>>
File: roy.jpg (21 KB, 605x289) Image search: [Google]
roy.jpg
21 KB, 605x289
>>
>>8066116
Personally I've always been frustrated by the time it takes to make food in comparison to how quickly it's eaten. I wish we could pull food out of thin air like in Star Trek.
>>
>>8066154
Same, but what are you going to do with that time, instead? Bullshit on 4chan?
>>
>>8066158
Use that time to really just kick back and enjoy a great tv show or just veg out on the couch and enjoy a nice drink. There is plenty of really fun things you can do in the short time you have to leave your lovely food unattended. Just don't burn anything! :)
>>
>>8064324
If it bothers you so much, use an e-reader.
>>
>>8066158
I personally like to read with some music in the background. That's how I usually veg out.
>>
>>8065486
>soul
;-/
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.