[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy a kindle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Should I buy a kindle
>>
>>8059771
I would have used to yes but now my kindle displays adverts when on standby so I say buy a secondary brand instead
>>
you should buy a knife not a kindle
>>
>>8059776
Shit I read this as knife at first too
>>
>>8059771
ive been wondering this. the only thing that holds me back is that there are some studies showing that reading comprehension is worse with a screen.
>>
>>8059771
>>>/g/

>>8059776
>>>/k/
>>
>>8059788
Yeah let's ask this on /g/ instead of the place that reads books on a daily basis
>>
Yes. Unless you just you have a hard-on for flipping pages, e-readers are the more practical choice.
>>
>>8059781
>>8059776
kek
>>
>>8059784
A kindle isn't really a screen though, the physics invovled in how you percieve e-ink is little different from paper
>>
No, Amazon don't need any more encouragement.
>>
No, physical copies are better. I much prefer something I can hold and flip the pages off. Also I like to build a libary of things I have read and display them. One day hope to have a very nice libary.
>>
>>8059771
Kindle is good but be aware ebooks are not necessarily cheaper and 90% of them have absolute shite formatting. Crappy line breaks if in verse and badly done footnotes. Pirating is ok but same thing applies
>>
>>8059771
Really good for highlighting. For me it's the number one advantage. Also Weight and you can turn a page without having to tube surf
>>
my mother's not a reader at all but her kindle has been serving her pretty well...much more comfortable to use than a physical book. if you're worried about the cost maybe you can get a used paperwhite off ebay, they're pretty sturdy.
>>
>>8059771
The advantage is that a lot of classics are free, paid stuff are generally crappy best sellers
>>
File: 1311947915015.jpg (27 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1311947915015.jpg
27 KB, 285x298
>>8059811
>/lit/
>reads books on a daily basis
>>
>>8060319
>implying we all read the Wikipedia articles of the books we haven't read yet
>implying we are all pseuds
>>
File: 1461281234865.jpg (22 KB, 393x315) Image search: [Google]
1461281234865.jpg
22 KB, 393x315
>>8059771
Can you open a kindle and get high off the glorious smell of its pages?
Can you stick your dick in your kindle and cum all over Katje's name?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.