[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Kafka rightfully be called a pioneer for Absurdism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: Kafka.jpg (75 KB, 495x660) Image search: [Google]
Kafka.jpg
75 KB, 495x660
Could Kafka rightfully be called a pioneer for Absurdism?
>>
He's more like the german Murakami
>>
>>8055646
Considering how heavily his work influenced Camus I would say that Kafka had a hand in setting the stage of absurdism, but in phrasing it "pioneer of absurdism" you're implying that he had a more direct involvement with the preconceived philosophy.

Indirect pioneer of absurdism, maybe
>>
>>8055649
>german
nice bait though
>>
File: 537072.jpg (47 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
537072.jpg
47 KB, 266x400
Kafka is Gogol's epigone. Discuss.
>>
>>8055814
I agree
>>
>>8055646
No Kafka was more like high absurdism, where to mark the pioneers is tricky because it existed as a strain in literature for millenia. Hamlet could be called an absurdist work in certain lights.
>>
>>8055814
Gogol was certainly a better novelist, but Kafka was at his best when writing his little vignettes. He distilled his style down to its very essence.
>>
File: franz & kafka.jpg (136 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
franz & kafka.jpg
136 KB, 990x660
>>8055646
Does this not hit anyone whenever they see this picture?
>>
>>8057214
The way he got around he probably was
>>
>>8055833
I agree with this. Absurdism as a literary style might not have been described until relatively recently but it certainly predates the philosophy by at least a few hundred years.
>>
>>8057203
What is this? Could you explain?
>>
>>8057214
>>8057233
All of Kafka's immediate family and most people sharing the Kafka name got executed in the Holocaust.
>>
>>8057238
His looking like two different beings stitched together
>>
>>8057240
>he doesn't know about Kafka's infamous night life
>>
File: christ-pantocrator.jpg (385 KB, 1100x2127) Image search: [Google]
christ-pantocrator.jpg
385 KB, 1100x2127
>>8057265
>>
>>8057265
make that with your own photo
>>
>>8057233
I thought he had no kids? Even though he was married a couple of times.
>>
Maybe he was just insane and this was what came to him. He wrote entire stories in just one night.
>>
>>8058751

>he has never been kissed by the gods and granted hypomania
>>
>>8058751
That's because his stories are just amateurish stream of consciousness. It's not hard to write story in one night. especially if you a graphomaniac
>>
>>8055646
I had a colleague who looked like a balding version of Kafka. He had bad skin (of which i cannot comment), badly cropped hair and a shitty work ethic that led to him scamming the company out of money on claims of "depression", the newest trend at our workplace now.

Not Kafka's fault but that his face brings up the urge to punch faces.

I dont know why i shared this.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.