[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disclaimer: not a native english speaker. This may be a cheap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: b9sfnbviaaer8k_.jpg (29 KB, 542x409) Image search: [Google]
b9sfnbviaaer8k_.jpg
29 KB, 542x409
Disclaimer: not a native english speaker.

This may be a cheap trick, but I'm desperate.

I'm currently on creative writing course and we've gotten a short story to write (6000 letters with spaces) with inspiration title "Drowning".

Holy fuck am I stuck on ideas! All I can imagine is "drowning" in consumerism, the sobby "we're really too rich" stories or dark social realism of a family slowly losing their income and drifting into powerty. I was thinking of a character, a guy, who is drowning his traumas (yay, so inventive!) by sex, drugs, alcohol, while having a family. I was thinking of this french-like-estranged belle that sees drowning as sort of liberation, while her sorry excuse of a boyfriend crawls after her. last idea was "drowning game" for some kids that would probably end by parents "saving the day" (intervening with love).

I'm stuck as fuck, /lit/, bash me, no problem, but if anyone gives me some other aspect on Drowning, I'll be forever grateful.
>>
>>8049491
>Holy fuck am I stuck on ideas!
>!
>(yay, so inventive!)
Don't you have a tampon to change or some of those quirky booktubers to watch?
>>
>>8049491
just take it literally. no one else will and thus you'll do something original in contrast to the others; write 6000 letters of stream of consciousness from the perspective of a drowning person.
>>
>>8049513
OP here.

Strong stuff, I agree.
>>
Write a fanfiction about Genis Sage from Tales of Symphonia because he makes people "DROWN!" with his wicked "SPREAD!" spell :)

Preferably Genis x Lloyd, then post it here
>>
>>8049491
write about drowning refugee babby

instant 10/10 from lefty sentimentalist teachers
>>
>>8049527
(not OP)
Most of my teachers Jewish women. When I tried to take the discussion to this thrutfull point they made the whole class laugh at me. English class is mostly females tho so I don't care (girls's opionion matter less to me than boy's (not gay)).
I fucking hate liberals.
>>
>>8049527
OP here.

Holy fucking shit! Barfed a tad, but intant 10/10 idea. Luckily my tacher is a cranky old slav professor from East Europe.
>>
>>8049491
1) A male and girl get together.
2) The story isn't your typical male and girl story.
3) Male has god-mode power;
4) Girl has a pissing fetish and she wants to be pissed in mouth of
5) --the male's god-mode power was that he can piss infinitely long from his dick
6) he kill girl because she's drowned with too much piss in mouth
>>
>>8049540
Not bad. Pissing fetish. Hmmm...
>>
>>8049533
that's why the real avant garde lives on the internet now friendo
>>
>>8049549
here's your intro paragraph because i'm feeling super helpful today

"Holy fucking shit! I have gotten together with a girl. This won't be a typical relation ship, I have a god-mode power. She likes pissing in mouth (yay, so inventive!) so I will piss in her mouth infinitely long with my god-mode power until she drowns. Keep reading if you want to know how this happens..."
>>
OP here.

Just want to say I like you fagglets. Pile em on if you have any more. Taking notes.
>>
>>8049513
OP, do this and make it gradually more frantic as time goes on leading to the conclusion - either their death or survival - and your creative writing professor will give you a gold star.
>>
>>8049527
but one could see that one coming from a mile. avoid baits.
>>
>>8049513
>just take it literally. no one else will
are you sure 'bout that mate? I say 80% of his peers end up writing a drowning person stream-of-consciousness with a full-on smug face that will last up until the very first moment when they show up to class that day.

Basically the rule of thumb in creative writing is to always throw away the first idea that comes to your mind.
Because it also came to everybody else's.
>>
You are writing to appease some overly educated rich failed artist jewess who wears jangly bracelets, teal earrings and hates you

yis already drowning m8
>>
>>8049491
I remember reading a german play called draussen vor der tur in which at the start the protagonist tries to drown himself, but the river straight up refuses his suicide attempt and ridicules him for offing himself at such a young age, so she ends up spitting him out.
so maybe go with the drowning story and make it about the protag asking for permission, engaging in a discussion or falling in love with the river. just make sure you choose a specific river and give it a personality that ties in historically.
>>
Drowning in happiness. A rich kid, never needed to work, had no troubles in life at all, parents give him everything. Thinks he is popular because he goes to parties and buys booze for everyone. He fucks bitches, lives the "dream" of many, but still is a useless jerk.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.