[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you writing novels and shit while being so young? Don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: old-man.jpg (84 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
old-man.jpg
84 KB, 500x358
Why are you writing novels and shit while being so young? Don't you realize you'll grow more and fill yourself with experiences and wisdom in the next years and laugh at your young retardness?
>>
if you werent aware lit is full of hyperpretentious idiots who probably feel entitled to become the next big novelist
>>
want somethin' to laugh about
>>
Because I can only laugh at my young retardness if I wrote something I can laugh at, no?
>>
>>8046229
>not writing short stories
>>
One day, in ten or twenty or thirty years, I'll have enough experience to have truly good ideas and messages, but am I going to have enough knowledge about writing to put those ideas down on paper? If I don't write anything before I get the experience, the answer is no.
>>
Follow Schopenhauer's advice; write poetry/prose when you're younger, philosophize when you're older, and for god sake never go back and 'revise' anything you wrote when younger
>>
>>8046229
How will you ever know when you're old enough yet? Better off just writing constantly honing your skills for when you reach that age
>>
>>8046229
You have to git gud at writing to be gud at writing. That takes practice.

Of course it's probably not great to be a shut-in, but you still have to write or you'll suck.
>>
>>8046229
experience at writing is not the same as real world experience, mate. you gotta write a whole lot of shite before you develop a style worth considering. as if this even needs to be said. show's that OP will never be an author worth reading.
>>
><><>lmao rl world x perience<><><
i hv plenty xp cuz w been dooing drugs long nd now i wil wrt this down in notbook as per my therapist nd publish it nd im a good writer then bcesuse i hv rl life xp

wat ws the thread abt i drift smtms

>>8046229
>>
Money.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.