[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that poetry is the ultimate form of literature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Ezra-Pound.jpg (431 KB, 940x1504) Image search: [Google]
Ezra-Pound.jpg
431 KB, 940x1504
Daily reminder that poetry is the ultimate form of literature
>>
poetry is gay
>>
>>8035844
You're gay.
>>
>>8035845
everyone on this board is gay Anon
>>
>>8035839
Ranking media is dum
>>
>>8035850
Prior to viewing it, as a consequence of posting here, or simply for having witnessed?

I mean, I'm a flouncing buttboy now, so I guess it's whatever.
>>
>>8035857
I think it just draws the gays in
>>
Pound and his peers were the ultimate memesters. Look! Two images juxtaposed! Ain't I a genius? :^)
Shanti Shanti Shanti xD like if you know what I'm referencing
>>
>>8035871
>>8035871
>le poetry should be organic and simple!

I bet you are a female English major who cannot grasp anything other than the simplest postmodernism.
>>
>>8035839
Poetry is for entertainment of the soul.
When you have something that needs to be said you fuckin say it not sing it.
>>
>>8035871
in Pound's day and especially in the decades leading up to Pound's day folks actually read. Dante was published in easy-to-carry bilingual volumes that saw numerous printings. if you don't get the memester's memes don't say it's because he's "too allusive," it's because you don't read enough (and you probably say you love literature too baka).
>>
>>8035918
I meant to say "baka" btw but I also would like to smdh
>>
haiku is more expressive
>>
>>8035918
New bilingual volumes of Dante are still published you know...
>>
Hegel please.
Poetry is only a decent form of expression when it becomes music. Music is a language, and yet higher than language. Poetry, through expression, becomes music. It just so happens that poetry can make good music.

t. Kierkegaard
>>
>>8035839
not when it's written by pound

his only redeeming quality it was that he hated jews
>>
>>8035839
I'd highly recommend reading ABC of Reading (https://monoskop.org/images/a/a4/Pound_Ezra_ABC_of_Reading.pdf) and pic related if you think Pound is great. He was a showman and an iconoclast, but he gives the distinct impression of being a lightweight in his critical and personal writings. Once you get a sense for who he was his writing is laid bare.
>>
>>8035839
What's the lowest form of literature? A movie script?
>>
>>8038032
genre fiction

philosophy is equal to poetry too
>>
>>8035839
Care, people have killed over this debate
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11185159/Russian-poetry-lover-gets-8-years-for-murder-of-prose-fan.html
>>
>>8036100
but who reads them
>>
>>8035839
would let him pound me tbqh
>>
>>8035844
>>8035845
>>8035850
>>8035857
a famous gay poet's nephew molested me
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.