[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible that videogame literature, if it got less autistic,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
Is it possible that videogame literature, if it got less autistic, could become a staple of literature in the coming years?
Not so much fanfiction, but more so stuff that is just generally based off the events and canon or even mechanics of games?
>>
grow up
>>
http://youtu.be/zmYrdMKC-d4

Fuck right off
>>
File: videogames_are_superior.jpg (326 KB, 610x804) Image search: [Google]
videogames_are_superior.jpg
326 KB, 610x804
>>
>>8034878
Not really, literature on film hasn't really become a thing, nor literature on radio or tv has.
>>
>>8034893
I'm OP and I'm telling you that you are an absolute faggot

>>8034898
Makes sense.
>>
>>8034878
I want someone to write literature where Zelda is a girl instead.
>>
>>8034903
Tough now that I think about it, some things could work. Take the implementation of game mechanics into reading. It could be done in some way, it would just require a really well affirmed and respected writer to do it. Kind of how when dfw makes you go back and forth with endnotes he's "expermenting with new forms of narrative", but if you do it you're just pretentious.
>>
>>8034878
>video game literature
No, but literature videogame could become a staple of video game you fucking pillock.

I think that NieR is one of the best pieces of science-fiction of our time though.
>>
File: 1454613627337.gif (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1454613627337.gif
11 KB, 408x408
i suddenly recalled a piece of videogame literature, one of the earliest too :3

'prince of gosplan'
>>
>>8034878
Visual novels, in a way. If they got serious, of course.

Video games can't be literature because it is formed by many arts.

Now you faggots always make the same huge mistake: you compare super mario bruvs to Ulysses and go from the lowest low to the highest high. Compare a good story-ridden game to some pop literature instead.
>>
>>8035134
videogames are too fleeting to be an art themselves, they are like sand castles
>>
File: stronghold 3.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
stronghold 3.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>8035148
I don't get it. They aren't going anywhere once people stop playing them. The only games that are like sand castles are Stronghold: Crusader and its sequel.
>>
>>8035085
godly soundtrack
>>
>>8035148
Or like literature. The classics are discussed for millenia, best sellers and notable novels last also for many years, but anything else goes into the void.

Video games are a very young genre compared to literature and they all aim, to more or less extent, to entertain.
Those are some of the reasons why there aren't that many memorable games.

I'm shitposting here from my cellphone with chills and fever at 5 am. I know I will regret writing this suff tomorrow.
>>
>>8035175
Everything in Nier is just so great and it all harmonizes perfectly, the look, the sound, the way it all handles. Everything about it is just amazing.

https://youtu.be/LNZmzLzvJo8
>>
I think game lore, both video and traditional, is neat for inspiring world building in children - particularly disenfranchised males.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.