[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips or important things to remember for a senior taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: b92.png (243 KB, 600x652) Image search: [Google]
b92.png
243 KB, 600x652
Any tips or important things to remember for a senior taking the AP language test tomorrow?my teacher says she believes in me, but I wanna be sure
>>
>>8020253
Don't be a tard on the multiple choice; don't spend all your time writing your thesis; make sure you answer the prompt; don't bother being particularly poignant; lastly, on the rhetorical analysis essay, which, I've noticed, is what students have the hardest time on, instead of just listing off rhetorical devices and strategies, always--ALWAYS--provide an actual analysis.
>>
>>8020253
Don't show up
>>
File: 1462059934962.jpg (22 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1462059934962.jpg
22 KB, 350x350
>>8020296
Thanks bro! how did you do on it before?
>>
>>8020253
I got a 3 with drawing a doodle as one of my essay answers

Don't sweat it.
>>
>>8020253
Ugh I remember wanting to take the AP cal test without taking the class, some gangsters at my high school got mad at me. I had no idea that there was a CLEP so i didnt end up taking either. But I got an A in the class at college.
>>
File: 1462891262515.gif (971 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1462891262515.gif
971 KB, 500x300
>>8020980
Top kek
>>
>>8020253
The best piece of advice anyone can give you is to not sweat it. Seriously. There are going to be questions that you'll look at and think, "What the hell," but you shouldn't sweat it. The questions are important, but the big guy is the writing. If you don't understand how to answer a prompt, you could try bullshitting, but that generally doesn't work on college board. Just try to relate everything to the American Dream or disillusionment with Germany after WWI or some shit. Also, don't fluff anything up. College board proctors are looking to check off a bunch of items on a list and grade you accordingly. The person grading your essays don't give two shits about how beautifully you can write or how you can link two ideas perfectly with an extra 2 sentences.
Again, don't sweat it. Even if you get a 1 or a 2 (or even a 3, really), having taken the AP class is going to prepare you immensely for the college classes relating to what you learned. I got a 3 on the AP Euro exam and taking World / European history in college was like re-watching The Wire. I remembered everything on a surface level, but exact names, dates, etc were re-memorized.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.