[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here read any Solzhenitsyn? Anything in particular recommended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Solzhenitsyn.jpg (81 KB, 731x1101) Image search: [Google]
Solzhenitsyn.jpg
81 KB, 731x1101
Anyone here read any Solzhenitsyn?
Anything in particular recommended by him?
>>
>>8019810
M E M E S
E
M
E
S
>>
>>8019810
Most of his work is a crock of solzhenit
>>
https://discord.gg/01016TZPAPULU3VTh somebody here would like to discuss Solzhenitsyn with you
>>
File: 1446603082303.jpg (125 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1446603082303.jpg
125 KB, 540x405
Where is this quotation from
>>
>>8019810

a big part of his books when he describes which he didn't witness himself or tries to estimate the whole picture it's gossip and his own crude estimations without any factual data
>>
>>8019810
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich is his best work. A good short story that actually gives you an experience of existing somewhere in Gulag without made up things or whining sentiments (that present in his other works).
>>
anyone read his 'Cancer Ward'?
>>
Any good work by him on Nationalism? Hard to find translations of his essay work
>>
I read August 1914 and really enjoyed it, it's one of my favorite historical novels
>>
>>8019899
Yep, drags on a bit but is a pretty good account of the time and human condition, but the depressing permeates
>>
>>8019899
>>8020058
Cancer Ward does drag a bit, and it reads a little flat at times (limpo cancer patient scoring two hot nurses...)

But it's not without it's charms. He employs a particularly genius narrative technique of shifting from character to character as if he were making rounds.
>>
has anyone read the full gulag archipelago?
>>
>>8019899
fucking hated it
>>
i read day in a life, bretty good

his speech at harvard is hilarious

would not recommend wasting time on the whole archipelago
>>
>>8019821
It's from the book "The secret behind communism" by David Duke. He is referring to a meeting between him and Alexander in 2002( I think it was) where Alexander told him this. Since the name David Duke automatically results in dismissal of whatever is being said I'll just add the fact that the book "Two Hundred Years Together" has not to this day been translated into English.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.