[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This shit is just American psycho without the violence Has Delillo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: White_Noise.jpg (37 KB, 295x443) Image search: [Google]
White_Noise.jpg
37 KB, 295x443
This shit is just American psycho without the violence

Has Delillo written anything of substance or is he just a meme?
>>
This thread is shit.

Has OP ever made a thread of substance or does he just meme?
>>
>>8018143
Delillo is the fucking shaman of literature. American psycho is pop satire. White noise is a meditation on fear and death in the technology boom era.
>>
>>8018143
i feel u
>>
>>8018154
nope. delillo is all pretty words. he has zero conviction in his work. he's the evangelion of literature
>>
File: Misato_shinji_kiss.png (240 KB, 533x411) Image search: [Google]
Misato_shinji_kiss.png
240 KB, 533x411
>>8018197
>implying evangelion is insincere

i hate you i hate you I HATE YOUUUUUUUUUU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8018143
I stopped reading at chapter 20ish because of other things taking up my time, but I finished it just a month ago. I enjoyed it. The parts involving his Father's Gun were the most interesting to me, but the Nuns at the end were kind of just there. And not in the same way as everything else.
>>
File: smug asuka.jpg (48 KB, 560x577) Image search: [Google]
smug asuka.jpg
48 KB, 560x577
>>8018216
This T B H F A M
>>
Does anything ever happen in this book ? I'm about a third in and there's literally nothing interesting other that one edgy kid
>>
>>8019267
The Airborne Toxic Event (tm) is pretty intense.
>>
>>8019267
What the actual fuck is interesting to you, then?
The satirical tone of White Noise is a delicious meal in itself, never mind the actual content, which itself is so, so chiseled and on point.
>>
>>8018143
Reading it right now. I think it's a really good commentary on the fear of death and contemporary media-saturated world. And it's very enjoyable.
OP is a cuck.
>>
>>8018143

Delillo's fiction, like DFW and Pynchon, is held back by the fact that he's lived a life of idle comfort (read: he's boring), nor do they have any talent for tragedy or comedy- because how are you gonna get famous doing things the way they've always been done? All they offer is the egotistic twaddling of someone seeking approval from the establishment.
>>
>>8019265
read more DeLillo and you'll stop posting smug anime girls bel
>>
>>8018143
>White Noise - 1985
>great satire at modern American suburban life with great prose.

>American Psycho - 1991
>Entertaining schlock with good spare prose.
>>
File: 1460766440490.jpg (7 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1460766440490.jpg
7 KB, 240x232
>>8019254
>mfw have read this book twice and don't remember anything about nuns
>>
>>8018197
The only thing evangelion HAD was conviction you Mongol.
>>
I hate this board so much
>>
>>8020271
how the fuck do you know that? Can you really say anything about a writer's life especially one as accomplished as DeLillo's and Pynchon's and DFW's? they've traveled, heard stories as well as told them, given speaches, received awards, studied HARD and worked HARD. that doesnt sound like a boring life to me, junior. Just because they didnt grow up a child soldier in somalia doesnt mean they led a "boring life" you stupid little shit. get off yer computer and takle a look at your own life and you'll maybe find some exitement in it.
>>
"Diarrhea"
>>
>>8020350

DFW goes on and on about how he only writes to impress people. They're not students of humanity, they're Geniuses of Post-Modern Thought.
>>
>>8020357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EnnmwbzvF0
>>
File: asuka.jpg (49 KB, 410x417) Image search: [Google]
asuka.jpg
49 KB, 410x417
>>8018197
I wish death on you
>>
>>8020386
Even if that were true, what would be wrong with admiring the thoughts and work of a genius? There's plenty of the human in IJ, I might agree in GR just because I found it so much less emotional, but even that had humanity. At what point does it qualify for you?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.