[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is joining a frat /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
is joining a frat /lit/?
>>
Anyone who says no is just butthurt that they could never get into a frat
>>
>>8015478
no it's normie
>>
>>8015478
пкф? looks like vodka runes
>>
only if it's a homosexual frat
>>
>>8015482
Anybody who gets into a frat is probably literally butthurt from having household objects violent shoved up their anus
>>
>The fucking BoyScouts looks better on a resume that being in a fraternity.
Jesus.
>>
>>8015482
Frats are basically just boys/mens clubs. Nothing wrong with that, but nothing special either.

Theres nothing really prestigious or noteworthy about it.
>>
>>8015496
>he can't handle the bum hazing
>>
>>8015478
>work for six months
>get easy access to sex, drugs and connections
Yeah that's pretty /lit/. More time to do as you please without worrying about acquiring sex, fun and livelihood.
>>
>>8015478
>not being invited to join a collegiate literary society and having to settle for a frat. ;P
>>
File: 1462062545014s.jpg (6 KB, 171x250) Image search: [Google]
1462062545014s.jpg
6 KB, 171x250
>>8015478
Only if you go to Harvard, Princeton or Yale
>tfw stanford with only normie frats
>>
>>8015577
>frats at Harvard
It's final clubs, you fucking west-coast peasant.

>frats at Princeton
Eating clubs and secret societies.

>Yale
secret societies are way more exclusive

>>8015569
Those aren't a real thing anymore. They're the same as frats and sororities with different histories. Wesleyan societies are one example of this.
>>
>>8015586
Heh, alright normie. Believe what thou wilt.
>>
>>8015586
my b, that's what I was referring to when I meant HYP
>>
Fraternities give you a wife range of experiences that people would actually want to read about, so there's that.

Plus the potential for a whole secret homoerotic/coming of age experience. Or just writing about general trauma you experience or whatever
>>
>>8015616
>Fraternities give you a wife range of experiences

a freudian slip
>>
>paying for friends in college

honestly seems like a pretty /lit/ thing to do considering most people here have no social skills. This isnt the 1950's. Frats really aren't cool anymore.
>>
>tfw my university only has a flim and english studies society
>not even a lit society

i must eschew all digital media in favour of the written word this coming semester
>>
>>8015483
i think it's for kids who were slightly weird in high school who want to become normies

that describes my one hs friend who joined a frat, anyway
>>
>>8015621
not in the hipster beatnik dead poets' society way, no
>>
>>8015621
>paying for friends
It's more like people with money prefer not to hang around bitter poorfags so they build a clubhouse and only admit other people with money on the condition that they contribute their share to throwing parties and maintaining the clubhouse. It's not like those friends are pocketing the money.

But think of it any way that makes you feel better, prole.
>>
>>8015638
however you gotta justify it to yourself, frat boy.

and what about the hazing with homosexual undertones? i assume it's because closet homosexuals prefer to hang around other closeted homosexuals so they built a clubhouse etc. etc.
>>
>>8015656
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazing#Psychology.2C_purpose.2C_and_effects

Strong organizations make use of these principles, and people who join them make a conscious decision to compromise their autonomy to be part of the org. If they didn't, the organization wouldn't be as useful or strong.
>>
>>8015478

You can do whatever you want but it looks pretty gay to me. I don't think those guys do a lot of reading if it's not for a class.
>>
>>8015661
>yeah bro im TOTALLY NOT GAY. nope not gay at all man this builds brotherhood NOTHING AT ALL IS GAY ABOUT A TRADITION OF ANAL INSERTION. builds fuckin solidarity bro.
>>
>>8015668
yeah basically. Every man has his price.
>>
>>8015661
hey man, if playing soggy biscuit with a roomful of guys is your idea of team-building then all the more power to you...
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.