[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is real life experience when it comes to writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: cheating.jpg (134 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
cheating.jpg
134 KB, 1024x684
How important is real life experience when it comes to writing literature? I want to write a story about cheating so I'm thinking about sleeping with a married woman.

Yes, I know it's 'immoral' but shouldn't both the bad and the good of man be found in literature? Plus I will only sleep with a woman who wants to cheat so I'm simply fulfilling the wish of someone who does not wish to stay faithful. If not me, it would be someone else, and it's better that person is me if the world is to be graced with another wonderful contribution to Western canon.
>>
Listen idiot this has nothing to do with literature. Putting your dick in the amoral whore will not give you any insight, a good writer wouldnt have to cheat to write about it. If you want to fuck that slut do it because it feels good, not because of some delusion that it will help you write. Retard. Have you written anything before?
>>
>>8014802
This isn't going to magically make you able to write, similar to how living a plain life won't grant the ability to write a decent novel about one.
>>
File: toplel.jpg (12 KB, 407x482) Image search: [Google]
toplel.jpg
12 KB, 407x482
look at this faggot who thinks he can get some married pussy and write well. don't even talk about the canon kid youre making me laugh
>>
>>8014816
Sorry but despite your delusions, a person cannot write well about something of which they have no familiarity. Kissless permavirgins can't write anything good about love and sex, for example.

My art must be authentic. It must be true to life.
>>
>>8014851
You sound really misinformed about what writing is and what makes good writing. But go ahead and do your research for your shitty book that wont ever even get finished.
>>
>>8014851
>my art
xD this isn't even subtle trolling. try again.
>>
>>8014840
op {
cringe: 99 !important;
}
>>
OP, it's very important. Try sleeping with as many married women as you possibly can. If possible, make sure to tell one or two of the husbands, just to see how they react. It will really help your novel along.

Source: experience
>>
You wouldnt be writinf about cheating then, youd be writing about a very sad attempt at getting insight while simultaneously ruining someones marriage.
I dont think anyone would care to read this shitty novel written by a fucking sociopath.
>>
>>8015458
you're on to something.

i think since op would be going out of his way to accomplish his goal whereas were it not for this goal he would never accomplish such an act invalidates his very claim of wanting an authentic experience to draw from.

if op had just enabled a cheater and then wrote about it without any prior motives to having wanting to write about the experience, then it would have been authentic.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.