[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEETch or NEETchuh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
NEETch or NEETchuh?
>>
Getajobche
>>
Nyet-zzu-skeh
>>
Why capitalize the one part of the pronunciation that you don't want to specifically draw attention to?
>>
German is like the least difficult language to pronounce. It's "Neet-shuh". Not that hard.

Also this is a shit thread, shame on you anon.
>>
>>8009406
NEET as in not in education, employment or training you stupid slave moralist
>>
>>8009415

/thread
>>
Natcher.
>>
>>8009423

Nagger.
>>
Nee Chee.

It's pronounced as two words.
>>
>>8009415
why "shuh" and not "chuh"? whenever i hear people pronounce it sounds like "chuh" to me
>>
>>8009449
sz is sh in Polish, that's why.
>>
File: gone.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gone.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>8009396
I will admit that I read all of his books, every last fucking word, while I was a teenager in high school. I'm embarrassed by the fact, but since this is anonymous, I guess it's okay. However lame it may be to read this (in private and without advertising to anyone except your intelligent English teacher, who you look upon as a close personal friend) when you're still in high school, I think anyone who persists much longer is just foolish. By the time your teens are over you should be able to clearly understand his work and clearly grasp that it's extremely overrated.

It's okay to mention it years later though, provided you do so mockingly, and only in the most insufferably pretentious way imaginable, just as way to let others observe themselves in the mirror.
>>
>>8009462
>nietzsche
>polish
wait wat
>>
>>8009470
His ancestry is Polish, in his later life he takes extreme pride in it. And yes, I did just misread Nietzsche as Nietszche because I'm fucking retarded, sorry.
>>
This beautiful creature prefers NEETchuh so I think I'll stick with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--RB1ZmF_B4
>>
>NEETchuh
Das it but here's what 99% of English speakers I've heard uttering his name are doing wrong anyhow.

1. Stop swallowing the ee in neet/ea in neat. Try saying it like you're British. Neat. No acrobatics of the tongue. No "Southern drawl".

2. Stop saying chuh like "huh". Try saying it like Shen without the n instead!

Hope it helps. t. German native speaker.
>>
>>8009497
OP here, ty for the tips alemanaon
>>
>>8009449
Because there's a T before that desu
>>
It's obviously Nīče.
>>
>>8009477
>His ancestry is Polish
Not really, he just invented it because he wanted to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>8009494
Why fake the accent.
>>
>>8009396
I always said knee-chuh, but every single person I talked to pronounced it knee-chee so I eventually went with the way they were saying it.
>>
>>8009605
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6voYqJDiDk

probably because she's young
>>
>>8009477
He made this up around the same time he started saying that the Kaiser should report to Rome to be executed, that he was like Jesus and Wagner was a minotaur.

Needless to say it was the most interesting period of his life. I wish he had more madness material, Ecce Homo becomes ten times more interesting when you realize that he fell into stark raving madness almost immediately after finishing it.
>>
Tzeentch
>>
Nie - et - che
>>
>>8009605
To sound sophisticated. Why else?
>>
>>8009467
Resentful psued
>>
>>8009396
neet-shay right?
>>
Neet-s-shuh
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.