[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More books like "Gnomes" by Huygen and Poortvliet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: gnomes.jpg (334 KB, 1153x775) Image search: [Google]
gnomes.jpg
334 KB, 1153x775
Hello guys,

First time I post in this board. When I was a child I used to love books like "Gnomes" by Huygen and Poortvliet. I was always fascinated by the illustrations, specially the lovely schematics of fantasy machines, vehicles and other contraptions. Unfortunately the last time I "read" such books was around 25 years ago, and I have forgotten their names, authors, etc. Can someone suggest similar books, so that I can present them to my 2 year old son. I would like to see if he likes them as much as I did.

I remember there being a lot of similar books with woodland creatures behaving human-like.

Cheers!
>>
I bought my copy at the flea market, the seller was also selling a bunch of other books like it but I only grabbed that one, wish I could help OP.
>>
>>8005208
That's actually a good idea. Maybe I should look around the flea market too. Thanks.
>>
>>8005201
house of leaves
>>
>>8005201
>so that I can present them to my 2 year old son. I would like to see if he likes them as much as I did.

Not really for kids, but check out "Little, Big" by Crowley.
>>
>>8005201
No recommendations, I just want to say that this is the comfiest book in existence. I highly advise depressed people to get Gnomes. It is silly, cute and beautiful in a very domestic, simple manner.
>>
>>8005201

Are you me, OP. I remember my teacher reading this book to us when I was 5 or 6. I am 29 now, and boy, this book filled my young days with magic. Walking in the woods was forever changed after I have heard the tales from this book.
>>
>>8005201
wow, Gnomes
that was one of the books that shaped my childhood
not sure if it is suitable for kids as young as 2 tho. it's got some pretty dark bits in it, i recall
although maybe that is what you are aiming for. in which case check out some of the things illustrated by rebecca dautremer, mark ryden and their contemporaries
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.