[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is China Mieville a good writer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 900x1112) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 900x1112
Is China Mieville a good writer?
>>
eat shit
>>
>>8003295
Never heard of him. What kind of books does he write?

Also, his first name would have been better if it included an additional 'u'.
>>
Interesting ideas underwhelming execution. Bad endings.
>>
>>8003302
Where would you put the extra u?
>>
>>8003302
god, this board is so autistic
>>
>>8003295
Is Japan Joyce a good writer?
>>
>>8003306
After the 'n', because I love the name Chinua (as in, Chinua Achebe)
>>
Does he have big arms?
>>
>>8003326
Looks like it. Dude is huge. And attractive. He should lose the earrings though, they make him look like a 19 year old.
>>
>>8003326
Back in 2007 when /a/ loved him (for some reason) there was an interview video of him going around. In it, he has his arms crossed 99% of the time, but during the one time he unfolds them to adjust something, the cameraman shudders and backs off.
>>
No, but he looks like the guy described in the beginning of Moby Dick and it's funny that his name is Mieville.
>>
he writes scifi with a hint of philosophy. It's not very heavy prose or content. good short story writer. big arms.
>>
>>8003326
For you.
>>
>>8003326
it's shooped, just look at the bricks
>>
>>8003295
He's a red, so no.
>>
>>8003325
You're right, that's a pretty cool name desu
>>
File: 1449365131020.png (300 KB, 382x442) Image search: [Google]
1449365131020.png
300 KB, 382x442
>>8003326

>China Mieville's arms are huge

I didn't think the Nostalgia would hit this hard.

I'd have posted the image, but warosu's down and I lost my /lit/ folder to a failed HDD last year.

You and I are kin: last keepers of a dying meme.
Much shitposting that once was is lost, for few now live who remember it.
>>
>>8003295
I find him hit-and-miss. I did enjoy 'Embassytown' and 'The City & the City'.
>>
>>8003295
Perdido is going to be remembered as one of the shaping books of this century's fantasy.
His plot building isn't always fluent, but his books always challange the genre they work in.
Thinking about how Perdido ended still gives me shivers.
>>
Those earrings are gay as fuck.
>>
>>8005503
where do you think we are?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.