[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hannibal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Hannibal2.jpg (134 KB, 449x600) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal2.jpg
134 KB, 449x600
Is pic related the ideal philosophical ubermensch?
>>
>>8001924
This is literally the most patrician TV show can't believe there've been no replies 5 minutes in
>>
>>8001934
>This is literally the most patrician TV show

my sides
>>
>>8001934
>patrician
>TV
>>
>>8001967
Actually, Horace & Pete is pretty good.
But this show is fucking awful. It suffers from the same problems as House, Californication, and Sherlock, where the writers are writing a protagonist who is smarter than they are.
>>
>>8001924
desu the cinematography and ridiculously excessive gore are the only good things about Hannibal.
>>
>>8001924
Someone who willingly lets prions into their body isn't fit to live.
>>
That's just a [modest] television incarnation of de Sade and in typical psychopath fashion, the emptiness of their inner self leaves them with no authentic moral dimension but just whimsical games, roleplaying and "aesthetic" judgement.

The psychopath is ruled by lizard impulses of fucking, feasting and fucking and they cannot hold them back when it matters, they cannot really feel sorry or responsible for doing despicable things but they do try to cover it up and fill the void with 'nice things' and 'superior qualities' and over time even attempt at rewriting history and making a saga out of what is otherwise a series of dumb, animal outbursts.
>>
>>8002073
but this is just plain wrong.
>>
>>8002073
The whole point of the series is that it breaks the archetypal theme of what you've described particularly in the fact Hannibal's inner self isn't voided
>>
>>8001924
They really should have just stopped with silence of the lambs. Everything after it was just disappointing.
>>
This show really made an effort to shit all over the books.
>>
>>8001924
>>
>>8001934
I really hope you're joking. It's a fun show and all but the showdown of citing Dante's poetry in original Italian was the cringiest thing I've ever seen.

I agree with >>8001991, Hannibal acts like what a dumb person thinks smart people act like.
>>
Why do women love serial killers?
>>
>>8003067
They love them in the show because Hannibal and Will are extremely attractive. A few love them in real life because they love attention.

It's no secret that women are pathetically shallow.
>>
>>8001934
The other movie this guy was in, The Hunt (Jagten) was quite patrician.
I may have to check out this show now.
>>
File: 1451409195383.jpg (67 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1451409195383.jpg
67 KB, 500x491
>>8001934
>>
>>8001924
The ideal of Hannibal sure, but in actuality he was broken and insecure under the surface.
>>
>>8003086
>It's no secret that women are pathetically shallow.
could have said people
>>
>>8004843
No, because in his world view, it's just women that are the problem with society. Men totally judge on more than just looks and social status, unlike those hedonistic women!
I honestly find it funny that they don't see the irony in judging an entire group of people as shallow based on nothing but just the most obvious of shared features amongst them though.
>>
File: pippi.jpg (126 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
pippi.jpg
126 KB, 1024x768
no, this is
>>
>>8001924
Stop watching TV stupid goy
>>
File: 1310564987331.jpg (28 KB, 407x428) Image search: [Google]
1310564987331.jpg
28 KB, 407x428
>>8003086
>go on /a/
>waifuthread
>muh moe
>go on /tv/
>waifuthread
>muh looks
>go on /v/
>waifuthread
>muh looks
>muh /lit/fu
>waifuthread.
>waifuthread
>ad infinitum
I guess this truly is the DEEP and MEANINGFUL of our time.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.