[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im probably going to transfer schools after this gap year I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: ccny logo.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ccny logo.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
Im probably going to transfer schools after this gap year I've taken. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on pic related? The school i go to currently is ranked much higher than this place but does it really matter? Seems alright
>>
>>8000463
/lit/ - literature
>>
>>8000496
This is a lifestyle board now didnt you get the memo?
>>
>>8000463
Where do you go to school now? You need to factor in cost of living to the equation.
>>
File: 1381024940846.jpg (23 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
1381024940846.jpg
23 KB, 569x428
>>8000463
I don't know too much about CCNY. I know that Brooklyn College is utter shit, and most likely so are most of the other CUNY schools.

I would check out the campus and look into the student culture there.

Do the campus and surrounding area become a ghosttown every evening and every weekend because every student just commutes to and from the parents' place, and thus they only come to campus when they really have to?

If so, the student culture there will probably suck, like it does at Brooklyn, Queens, Lehman, and Hunter Colleges.

I walk through Columbia's campus like every other day, and from morning until midnight it's always busy because students actually stay on campus and do hangout and do stuff in a group. Heck, even if like half of them are just there to study by themselves, just the fact that they're there is a good sign, I think, though it's hard for me to explain why.

It just seems like a much healthier and appealing place to be, and hence it seems like a more fun social environment than what I've seen at Brooklyn, Lehman, Hunter, and Queens Colleges.

But again, I don't know much about CCNY itself.

Source: personal observation. I'm currently a CUNY PhD student.
I went to Michigan for my Bachelor's; Michigan, Columbia, and Wisconsin are the best campuses/campus towns that I've ever experienced first hand. Lehman, Brooklyn, and Queens Colleges are the worst.
>>
>>8000533
I go to tcnj right now and wouldnt need to worry about living costs as I could commute there, the main reason for transferring.
>>8000544
Thank you for the reply and advice. But like I said above I would be commuting so culture would only be a minor concern, im mostly agnostic toward vibrancy of community, the city should be enough I would imagine.
>>
>>8000572
You're welcome.

Well if you do go to CCNY, or really any CUNY school, and if you're at all interested in literally any STEM field, then you should look into doing research at the ASRC. It's a brand new, really awesome building with a lots of cool, expensive nanofabrication equipments, chemistry and biology labs, etc. Plus, Lucy Liu was there one time for filming an episode of Elementary.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.