[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What book will make my life good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 2000x1125
What book will make my life good?
>>
how the dickens would reading a book make your life better?
go do something about it you ass
>>
>>7998324
In your heart you know the answer.
the bible
>>
Kafka and Kleist's short stories will make you feel while also amusing you

Moby Dick is like a Bible; there's something for everyone to enjoy and ruminate on

WEB DuBois' Souls of Black Folk traces how and why black people got boned the fuck over in the US and helps with empathy for their position
>>
>>7998324

Lies. The truth of life is that your body decays and then you die. Your only chance of enjoying this is to delude yourself.
>>
>>7998336
How's being 6 years old going?
>>
Come on you cunts, fix my life for me.. Now!
>>
>>7998329
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CHRISTIANFAGS GET OFF MY BOARD
>>
File: The Waves.jpg (24 KB, 310x475) Image search: [Google]
The Waves.jpg
24 KB, 310x475
>>
>>7998330
>WEB DuBois' Souls of Black Folk traces how and why black people got boned the fuck over in the US and helps with empathy for their position
What does this have to do with the OP? Even your explanation is totally unrelated.
>>
>>7998324
If you don't want full religious conversion (which is the most effective answer if you can do it), try Lin Yutang's The Importance of Living.
>>
>>7998437
Why?
>>
>>7998328
>how the dickens
>literature has no practical use
>do something with your life

Reddit/Tumblr/Nerdfighter, pls go.
>>
>>7998497
Read it and find out baka senpai :3
>>
>>7998324

The Stoics and the Greeks.
>>
>>7998430
In all seriousness, all /r9k/ needs is Jesus. Find God, morality and a nice dedicated Christian wife who has strong conviction and commitment to faith. You're looking for love in the wrong places. When you live the life of a nihilistic degenerate and hedonist, it's hypocritical to expect women you meet to be anything more than that. Pure women do exist, even the traditional and nerdy kind, they just don't want fedora tipping degenerates with self-serving ethics.
>>
>>7998503
>m-maybe if i read this little book my life will be decent right, 4chan friends?

t. man without penis or brain
>>
>>7998324
i've been feeling really depressed lately and i've begun reading the new testament. never really felt religious, even went through an edgy atheist phase but even that slowly went away. im not making any guarantees, just read it and think for yourself. there's real truth in it and it has been helping me a bit.
>>
>>7998604
>real truth in it
such as?
>>
>>7998617
matthew 6:25-34
>>
Catch 22 and some Kafka
If you can get the humor (if you're here, you probably will) it will teach you to laugh more at people, at sadness, and especially at bureaucracy. The more you can laugh, the better your life will be. Laugh at misery, it can all be a big joke.
>>
>>7998480
Empathy and understand of human beings is what gives this life meaning

An empty callous life is not worth it
>>
>>7998324
just b urself, op
>>
>>7998815
nice spook
>>
Prozac Nation
>>
>>7998324
>If you can get the humor (if you're here, you probably will) ...

oh ho ho
>>
>>7998820
But that would be bad.
>>
>>7998324

How to kill yourself an instruction manual

There is no magic solution dumb fuck, no secret meaning self help book or tape that will magically allow you to cut corners and be who you want to be, you know what you have to do, stop being a lazy shit browsing the internet all day and go get your shit together.
>>
Lucknow im nit surw whatvto think about kife wbut I th ibk the ahr sinewbf related to oain and dor to e
>>
>>7998941
But killing myself would end my life, that's not making it good?

Think you misunderstood the question friend
>>
>>7998537
>>7998328

you are the cancer that people refer to when they talk about how this board has been flooded with idiots and shitposters.
>>
>>7998529
Then end up realizing after a decade into the relationship, that you don't really live her. Have a long drawn out internal and external conflict with the self and her over the issues you're feeling and never understand what went wrong. Never realizing that an unprovable metaphysical concept was an illogical basis by which to form such a union. Eventually begin to doubt the ideas themselves and fall into an existential angst the likes of which you never imagined, get divorced, watch as your children become confused.

Eventually realize that love comes from an objective understanding of the self and others. An acceptance of the self not as degraded, sinful, low, and debased, but as divinity itself, as a being that is capable of change, growth and love, and realize that nothing is permanent.

But since you wasted most of your life, you run out of time and don't find a partner who shares this ideology, get cancer and die, rotting in the ground.

>>7998324
To answer OP. Keirkegaardian, Frankl, Irvine Valom, Fritz Pearl, Heidegger.

I've not read any of them but I think they could help you. I don't want to tell you what helped me, because you're not me, so these that I haven't read are just as likely to help, though I do aim to read Keirkegaardian and Irvin.
>>
>>7999235
>I've not read any of them but I think they could help you
Never change /lit/
>>
>>7999235
Literally the worst post I've ever seen
>>
>>7998481
>religion is the only option

Nothing is ever absolutely true. Stop trying so hard to recruit.
>>
>>7999244
Lol I was doing something different, usually I would list all the books that meant something to me, but today I chose books that I think might do so for me in the future, since I can't actually know what will help OP.
>>
>>7999247
What didn't you like about it? I rather enjoyed it.

Maybe you're just a Christfag?
>>
>>7998329
deep, but you can't really just read it as you would a normal book, just go to church senpai
catholicism btw <- :)
>>
>>7999247
At least it was written with effort, thought, and hopefully sincerity. Unlike your shitpost which unfortunately is symptomatic of this shitboard.
>>
>>7998617
Pretty sure he meant Matthew 16:25
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.