[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are now the leader of the world and all the copies of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
You are now the leader of the world and all the copies of the books of your choosing get thrown into fires across the world. Which books do you choose to burn and what reason will you give the people for their removal?
>>
File: smug neanderthal.jpg (33 KB, 640x537) Image search: [Google]
smug neanderthal.jpg
33 KB, 640x537
>>7996795
All of them
>>
>implying anyone gives a shit about non digital copies
>>
everything by: Dostoevsky, Camus, the wiener kreis, stirner, Nietzsche, theodore beale, ayn rand, mises, hayek, Cathy Brennan, Thomas Aquinas, Hegel, Sam Harris
>>
>>7996795
Yeah all of them, mankind is pretty much the living evil. Burn all evil.
>>
File: 2013-05-16-selfimmolation.png (132 KB, 360x290) Image search: [Google]
2013-05-16-selfimmolation.png
132 KB, 360x290
Books dindu nuffin
>>
File: Burning Bible.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Burning Bible.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>7996795
Either pic related or the Koran. Terrible memes.
>>
The Priors of Zion, The Torah, Talmud, Zohar, and the Mein Kampf.
>>
I would burn them all and say, "Read mine."
>>
>>7996795
Any allegedly 'nonfiction' books written by: Hegel, Bergson, Heidegger, Benjamin, Gadamer, Lacan, Adorno, Sartre, Levinas, Arendt, Merleau-Ponty, Levi-Strauss, Beauvoir, Ricoeur, Lyotard, Deleuze, Foucault, Derrida, Irigaray, Badiou, Nancy, Rancière, Kristeva, Agamben, Latour, Zizek, or Butler ... AND, any other work that cites those authors approvingly.
>>
>>7996930
we burn the digital copies to senpai
>>
>>7996995
how about I burn your dick you mad nerd
>>
>>7996995
LOL i agree but remove Adorno, Sartre and Bergson.
>>
>>7996995
Sire the people are outraged that you have ordered the burning of all the copies of these books. What explanation shall I give the people for the burnings?
>>
>>7997000
You sound upset, bitch boy.
>>
>>7996995
Same picks for literature here as well.

If I had to pick music it would be stuff by Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD and Muslimgauze
>>
>>7997005
Suggest that they walk it off.
>>
>>7997017
6 of those are great
Murmuure is the peak of music
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>7996984
>not the Talmud

How's the weather in Tel Aviv?
>>
>>7997028
Bizarre, and completely unique in terms of atmosphere. Some sections shine more than others - definite room for improvement, but an intriguing band nonetheless.
>>
>>7997031
The Talmud is preserved verbatim in the memories of thousands of Hasidim, so burning all the copies would be pretty pointless.
>>
>>7997031
beautiful, as per usual
>>
>>7997044
>wat is Holocaust 2.0
>>
>>7996795

Nabokov, V. A cheap sensationalist. Empty style, overdone Blues Traveler on a lazy day-level (in)substance.
>>
>>7997044
I'm pretty sure that we could burn those as well, although such a task would pose an unprecedented logistical problem.
>>
>>7996795
>>7996795
The Joy Luck Club. It's the worst thing I've ever laid eyes on.
>>
File: 1461641844016.jpg (107 KB, 652x960) Image search: [Google]
1461641844016.jpg
107 KB, 652x960
>>7996795
Any book with semen in it.
>>
File: come on now.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
come on now.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
>>7997047
>implying Holocaust 1.0
>>
>>7997023
Sire they have surrounded the gates and will storm in any minute.

*walks behind you*

unless...

*unsheathes a stiletto and promptly embeds it into your spine, whispers in your ear*

...I give them your corpse

[Narrator: All of this could have been avoided, had anon taken the time to please the people, his vanity cost him his life. RIP in piece]
>>
>>7997017
isn't that the poseurcore chart you pathetic pleb
does Judith butler make your sad traditionalist ass fire up eh kid
>>
>>7996795

FAHRENHEIT 451
GET IT
BECAUSE
>>
>>7996968
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HEq8UqrujM
>>
>>7997090
i don't get it
>>
>>7997017
I've never heard of a single one of those. I am officially too old
>>
>>7997096
senpai rly
>>
>>7997096
It's because it's pleb af.
>>
>>7997098
>>7997102
what do they burn books or something in that book?
>>
>>7997017
>Frank Zappa
why?
>>
Quran and The Communist Manifesto.
>>
File: 1370572255926.png (373 KB, 619x587) Image search: [Google]
1370572255926.png
373 KB, 619x587
>all holy books
>all camus, orwell and other reddit authors
>burn ironic religious shitposters
>mein kampf
>all philosophy books after Christ
>all sex books that aren't anatomy/medicine related
>all magazines
>>
All texts of any kind that are not my manifesto for love.

Eventually, like in 1984,all other bs, wrong ways of thinking will die out and all will think like me and therefore it'll be a utopia
>>
seriosuly though none of them.

if you can't counter written arguments with your own(especially considering you're some kind of supreme leader) in a convincing way then you're the one to blame. censorship is inherently anti-intellectual with the intentions of covering up what's wrong rather than understanding why it is.
>>
>first annual book burning
>allow anyone to bring whatever book they want
>anyone who burns a book for any reason goes to concentration camp

My regime will not tolerate censorship.
>>
>>7996795
Every book I had to read in high school.
>>
>>7997017
>Butterfly can only speak in memes

Not very surprised. If you had listened to a fifth of the artists in that list you would realize the meme isn't even good.
>>
Somebody call Nabokov
>>
>>7998902
Ooh, a ruseking. I like it.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.