[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey lit figured this was the best place to ask, I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Hey lit figured this was the best place to ask, I've been googling to no avail, I'm looking for the name of the ethical theory most concerned with the motives or intents behind actions.

The closest I've found is motive utilitarianism but it isn't quite what I'm looking for. I'm embarrassed myself I havnt been able to remember what I'm referring to I consider myself a fan of ethics but even with the internet what I'm precisely thinking of eludes me.

And yes this is for a final paper for university.
>>
And for those interested I am tracing Dickens ethical values within our mutual friend focusing on the melodramatic tropes used and how they reveal Dickens moral theory.
>>
Paper is due in 5 hours dear Lord save me Lit I read the book I just need your infinite philosophical knowledge!
>>
Currently grappling with virtue ethics as the closest thing to what I'm looking for
>>
Do you mean deontology?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.