[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tin drum thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 71oKqiX1PdL.jpg (200 KB, 848x1264) Image search: [Google]
71oKqiX1PdL.jpg
200 KB, 848x1264
/lits Thoughts on pic related ?

Important post war literature or utter garbage ?
>>
>>7993215
I'd buy it just for the cover tbqhwy famicon
>>
It's a good book, although it's not easy to read and it's better if you have a little background on post WW2 Germany.

It's also not especially reader-friendly, but a good experience overall. I'd recommend it.
>>
>>7993229
which one ?
>>
>>7993239
the one posted
>>
File: il_fullxfull.651588759_ad0k.jpg (187 KB, 700x1046) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.651588759_ad0k.jpg
187 KB, 700x1046
>>7993239
forgot pic
>>
Can someone explain why oskar compared himself to jesus troughout the book ?
>>
>>7993257
Because of his little peepee
>>
>>7993455
Do you feel elevated after posting this funny, snarky remark? Do you feel like you come off as a serious intellectual who doesn't only read world class literature but also has a witty light side? Let me tell you what, kiddo, that remark buys you no respect, no, quite the contrary…I asked a serious question…I read that book and I try to discuss major religious themes I found in it…and you go forth and take my efforts as a canvas for your mockery? You fucking rat. I fucking hate you. You are the reason why /lit/ is going down the shitter. People like YOU, armchair intellectuals, that take pride in disrupting any respecteble form of conversation. There's a classroom equivalent of you, the clown that might get a laugh or two in school, but is devoid of all knowledge after graduation. The guy who ends up unloading trucks at the back of your local supermarket.
Now, take some time to let this sink in, and consider changing your course. This was a warning shot. Next time I'll let you wallow in your stupidity. At least you got dubs.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.