[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm Orthodox, and can we talk about Aquinas? Do Catholi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 330_1_span3.jpg (34 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
330_1_span3.jpg
34 KB, 370x370
I'm Orthodox, and can we talk about Aquinas? Do Catholics have any reeasonable defense for him saying latria should be given to the cross and to icons?
>Therefore Christ's cross should be worshiped with the adoration of latria.

See: http://www.newadvent.org/summa/4025.htm

Also, can Catholic defend these insane views Roman Catholics express of the Virgin Mary?

>If God is angry with a sinner, Mary takes him under her protection, she withholds the avenging arm of her Son and saves him

>she is the sure refuge of sinners and criminals from the rigour of the wrath and vengeance of Jesus Christ

http://orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/marian_apparitions.aspx
>>
>>7992800
Church leadership would fuck him up if he said otherwise. That's all the reason Cathocucks need.
>>
None of this is incorrect. Try harder, Orthofriend.
>>
>>7992800

Why ask someone else to defend him when he defends himself in the very text you linked?

Why not begin by explaining what you think is wrong with his arguments for these conclusions?
>>
>>7992816
His argument is terrible. He says it is okay to give the cross the latria, the worship of the highest sort reserved for God, because it's not wrong if what you're directing it to isn't alive. That makes zero sense and has absolutely no Scriptural or patristic basis. Venerating the cross makes sense, conferring latria upon it does not, conferring latria upon something non-living is the definition of idolatry (idol + latria).
>>
>>7992800
Here you go OP starts off slow but it winds up quick

http://www.devinrose.heroicvirtuecreations.com/blog/2012/11/26/an-eastern-orthodox-christian-looks-west/
>>
>>7992800
>>If God is angry with a sinner, Jesus Christ takes him under His protection, He withholds the avenging arm of His Father and saves him
>>He is the sure refuge of sinners and criminals from the rigour of the wrath and vengeance of The Father
>>
>latria
hmm, could aquinas and demon's souls be in the same universe? you've done it again, miyazaki!
>>
>>7993098
He says he started reading an heretic who advocated Papism for a better perspective on Orthodox critique of Catholicism. Really?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.