[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JK Rowling Keeps Apologizing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 13hv43.jpg (61 KB, 568x335) Image search: [Google]
13hv43.jpg
61 KB, 568x335
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jk-rowling-apologizes-death-remus-lupin/story?id=38817601

Is this really necessary? She made a choice to sacrifice certain characters and she shouldn't need to justify it for the rest of her life should she?
>>
No, she shouldn't, and fuck her for doing this. SHE'S the author. They're her characters. If her readers don't like her choices they can write some fanfics.

I don't even like George RR Martin but props to him for never apologizing to his readers. It's his story, not theirs.
>>
She just says this shit to get attention. Same rationale for retroactively making Dumbledore gay.
>>
If an author has to apologize for their creation it's obvious their work is VERY flawed and that they as a person don't understand the craft.

If people are upset and pissed off at one of your characters dying you should take pride in the fact that you created a character that someone was able to connect to emotionally and have feelings for, not say sorry like a big baby.
>>
>>7992764
>SHE'S the author. They're her characters.
She's not a writer anymore. She's a multi-billion-dollar business, and the customer is always right.
>>
File: 1429754117695.gif (47 KB, 306x469) Image search: [Google]
1429754117695.gif
47 KB, 306x469
>>7992754
I enjoy Harry Potter because it makes me feel like I have friends and I enjoy the relationship between the trio, but I fucking despise the modern Rowling and what she's doing to her universe. This year we have
>Book 8 which is a literal script to a play
>Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay
>illustrated versions of the books to make more money
I just want it to fucking end so I can have those happy memories of Harry enjoying butterbeer in Hogsmeade and playing chess with Ron in the common hall, not an ugly black woman playing Hermione in a continued story and politically correct bullshit from twitter.

Social media was a mistake.
>>
>>7992764
George R. R. Martin should be apologizing to himself. Killing off all your good characters is not brave, is just goddamn stupid. Any sane person will lose interest in your shit if you keep doing that.
>>
So you can't feel bad about killing a character that people grew attached to?
She isn't apologizing because she thinks she made the wrong decision, one of her tweets literally says "he had to die"
These aren't regret tweets, they're more like in memoriam tweets, as most people do with the ones they're connected to...

>oh your mother died? I'm sorry for your loss...
>>
>>7992878
No, he should apologize for being a leftie faggot more dedicated to faggot causes than actually finishing his fucking books.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.