[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of Julius Evola?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1449112402793.jpg (20 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
1449112402793.jpg
20 KB, 400x274
What does /lit/ think of Julius Evola?
>>
I haven't read him yet but I started one of René Guénon's books so I could better understand him once I got to him. Gave up on Guenon's book over half way since it was so awful.
>>
Right about everything.
>>
muh tradition
>>
>>7991450
Crisis of the Modern World?
>>
>>7992006
Yeah.
>>
>>7992024
What made it awful? I haven't read it yet but I've read some material from Evola and I've heard nothing but good things of it.
>>
Extremely interesting man whether your beliefs align with his or not. I enjoy his writings on political ideologies, but he has so much to offer outside of that realm is his writings on the esoteric mysteries woven into the histories and cultures of the world. He had so much knowledge in so many fields

Even his short, weird phase as a post modern painter produced interesting results
>>
>>7991442

Great at what he does, which is combine western reactionary thought with eastern mysticism. He isn't as good with either one as his influences are ( like say de Maistre on one side and Guenon on the other) but if you want some mystical right wing anarch's worldview on paper then his writings are a good place to go.
>>
File: normal.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
normal.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
We're not actually living in the Kali Yuga
>>
File: kali.jpg (44 KB, 330x460) Image search: [Google]
kali.jpg
44 KB, 330x460
>>7992047
The Black Goddess has been unleashed in the soul of our civilization. You just need eyes to see it
>>
Bastard killed 3000 people in New York
>>
His predictions on nuclear theory were COMPLETELY off.
>>
He sucks a mean cock. Didn't even stop after I came. He just kept going till I came again.
>>
>>7992180
Why did you feel the need to post this?
>>
>>7992180
crazy the things he did as long as he didn't "give into it"

"This restriction must be kept in mind. What I am about to say does not concern the ordinary man of our day. On the contrary, I have in mind the man who finds himself involved in today's world, even at its most problematic and paroxysimal points; yet he does not belong inwardly to such a world, nor will he give in to it. He feels himself, in essence, as belonging to a different race from that of the overwhelming majority of his contemporaries."
>>
>>7992272
Stop being so judgemental, he was just relating to his own experience.
>>
>>7991442

Onlinepdfman?
>>
God awful. His entire philosophy is based on a pseudo-nihilistic approach to history. "Muh history is a circle" conception is wrong: history is a spiral, any historian worth his salt will tell you that.
Sure, history repeats itself in ABSTRACT WAYS, but we can learn from history. Physics also repeats itself in structure. That doesn't mean we don't progress.

"Ride the tiger" is literally a way of saying "find an ideology to win history with" as if that matters. Literally just retarded mysticism, and a slave to his time.

AKA it's the defeatist ideology.

READ HEGEL AND KIERKEGAARD
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.