[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here read The Way of the Pilgrim, or any other Or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1462176592058.jpg (89 KB, 564x849) Image search: [Google]
1462176592058.jpg
89 KB, 564x849
Has anyone here read The Way of the Pilgrim, or any other Orthodox novels or theology they'd like to discuss? What about Laurus?

How do Roman Catholics feel about Vatican II?
>The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

-Nostra aetate

>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.
-Lumen gentium

You should leave that funk and come to the Orthodox Church.

This is what our Lamentation service (Friday Night after the Crucifixion, in the dark, with candles) sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeP70fSe3Io
>>
Just dropping by to say Happy Easter, Orthodox bro.

Also, I like those mini stories about monks and nuns, you know what I'm talking about but idk what they're called in English.
>>
>>7991316
Χριστός ἀνέστη
>>
>>7991484
Truly, He is risen!
>>
I saw you posting this shit on /his/, Constantine, and I saw you get sufficiently refuted there. Not going to bother repeating myself or repeating my fellow Catholics.

Happy Easter, all the same.
>>
>>7991659
You call someone saying, "Kissing the Koran is just normal politeness," a refutation?
>>
>>7992612
I tell you you have read too much into it, that you are picking and choosing the Church's words to suit your own agenda.

This is how it's always been. People come at the Church with half-truths and falsehoods because they know the real truth--the truth of the Risen Christ and his faithful servant Peter--would never support their own cause.

So yes, I do pronounce you properly refuted.
>>
>>7992629
Happy Easter.

However your reliance on inarticulate sophistry is a discredit to you. Roman Catholicism is the one tree and you are clinging to a fallen branch.
>>
what's the difference?
>>
>>7992726
>Being a Roman Cultist
>in the year 2015+1
>>7992740
it doesn't really matter just pick a side and start flinging shit
>>
>>7992629
This exact same thread happened on /his/ twice and when posters revealed that those quotes were taken out of context and that literally right after them were paragraphs that explained how it was about acknowledging the good within them whilst not holding them to be valid paths to salvation Constantine simply ignored them and made a new thread.
>>
>>7993124
First quote in context

he Church, therefore, exhorts her sons, that through dialogue and collaboration with the followers of other religions, carried out with prudence and love and in witness to the Christian faith and life, they recognize, preserve and promote the good things, spiritual and moral, as well as the socio-cultural values found among these men.

3. The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

Since in the course of centuries not a few quarrels and hostilities have arisen between Christians and Moslems, this sacred synod urges all to forget the past and to work sincerely for mutual understanding and to preserve as well as to promote together for the benefit of all mankind social justice and moral welfare, as well as peace and freedom.

4. As the sacred synod searches into the mystery of the Church, it remembers the bond that spiritually ties the people of the New Covenant to Abraham's stock.
>>
>>7993134
Exactly leaving out that paragraph changes the whole flavour of it

>The Church, therefore, exhorts her sons, that through dialogue and collaboration with the followers of other religions, carried out with prudence and love and in witness to the Christian faith and life, they recognize, preserve and promote the good things, spiritual and moral, as well as the socio-cultural values found among these men.
>>
>>7993144
How exactly does that change the flavor of it? I suggest you read it in its entirety, it's not that long.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decl_19651028_nostra-aetate_en.html
>>
>>7993150
>How exactly does that change the flavor of it?

Honestly read the other 2 threads from /his/
>>
Is Laurus any good?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.