[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never been this intrigued by the idea of a novel before.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: j-r.jpg (47 KB, 306x474) Image search: [Google]
j-r.jpg
47 KB, 306x474
I've never been this intrigued by the idea of a novel before. I can't stop thinking about JR and I haven't even read it yet. I don't even own it for that matter. I've been looking everywhere in Toronto and I can't seem to get it. so I've ordered it.

can anyone who's read it please give me their two cents on it. in detail please. I'm really excited to read this.
>>
>>7990690
>I've been looking everywhere in Toronto and I can't seem to get it

tfw copped the last copy from Indigo

I haven't read a lot of it but it's almost entirely dialogue which can be followed if you're paying close attention. It gets really fun, actually, because Gaddis has a great ear for dialogue.
>>
>>7990747
that's funny I never even thought of going to a book store that sells new books.
>>
File: IMAG0219.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0219.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>7990690
I've said it before (>>7983229), it's one of the best, most insightful, prescient and funny books I've ever read (almost a laugh a page). Here's a sampler, from when things really start rolling.
>>
File: IMAG0220.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0220.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>7990772
Not every page is filled with this dense babble. Most look like pic related, and they're mediated by some jazzy, free-form prose delineating the time and place. I think the first one, where Gaddis describes how the light hits the carpet through the windowshade in the Bast home is still my favourite.
>>
>>7990772
>>7990787
good motivation, thanks
>>
It will take a little bit to really get invested in it. Use the Gaddis wiki if you really get lost. Some basic understanding of finance and accounting helps to really understand what Gaddis is dissecting here
>>
fuck of and read the book
>>
I need this book
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.