[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BLOOMSDAY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_8743.jpg (198 KB, 1001x659) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8743.jpg
198 KB, 1001x659
I'm going to Dublin for Bloomsday this year.
Second time I do it and I want to make more of it than last time.
I'm going from 13th June to 27th June.
I went to a smallish gathering down by Sandymount Green and then took a walk along the strand out to the tower.
Wouldn't mind this year to be a bit more, you know, social.

Anybody else going to Dublin for it?
Anybody live there?

I'm traveling alone and am very much up for meeting new people over a beer or something. Very casual like.

You do not have to have Ulysses memorised.

How about it?
>>
>>7989982
You are a phony and a hypocrite.

Spend the money on the gym or a gift for your mom instead.

Fuck you poser.
>>
>>7989995
But I like going to Dublin more than I like going to the gym.
Can't a guy just try and have some fun? I don't think Joyce was trying to start a fucking cult.
>>
>>7990005
Goddamn it.
I could have made some pun about how I'd rather go to Jim than gym.

fuck!
>>
I wanted to go but I think now tickets to go there from London are going to be quite expensive. I also would have to book a room in a hostal or bnb or some such, so I don't know... Where are you from, OP?
>>
>>7990005
Yeah ok do whatever you like guess I'm just an asshole desu
>>
>>7990046
I'm from Denmark.
I'm paying about 1350 Euros for trip out and home plus stay in a kinda-shitty-but-ok-for-the-price hostel.
I stayed at the same place last year, Avondale on Lower Gardiner, last year and it's fine for what I want. It's just a place to sleep and there's free wifi and a very decent breakfast included.

It's even a double bed although I'm not likely to make use of it.
>>
>>7990057
why why does desu get added automatically after some of my posts
>>
>>7990073
>1350 Euros for trip out and home plus stay in a kinda-shitty-but-ok-for-the-price hostel.
That sounds ridiculously expensive.
When I took the same route from Denmark to Dublin it cost me 800 kr.
>>
>>7990108
The abbreviation of "to be honest" is filtered to desu.

>>7990197
You had a bed and breakfast in Denmark for two weeks for just over a hundred Euros?
Tell me where, please, so I can go live there instead of my flat right now.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.