[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
buddha > nietzsche just fyi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: freddy.jpg (73 KB, 619x371) Image search: [Google]
freddy.jpg
73 KB, 619x371
buddha > nietzsche

just fyi
>>
File: Stirner02.jpg (22 KB, 220x567) Image search: [Google]
Stirner02.jpg
22 KB, 220x567
>>7987951
>>
>>7987951
OP, sorry to burst your bubble of emptiness of mind but Buddha:
Probably never ever existed.
If he did exist, he most probably didn't have half of the supernatural attributes often attributed to him.
Even if he had, that does not make his ethical precepts necessarily real or less arbitrary.
>>
File: oblomov.jpg (51 KB, 292x315) Image search: [Google]
oblomov.jpg
51 KB, 292x315
oblomov is the true enlightened one tbqfwyf
>>
>>7988116
>implying the Buddha wasn't real
>implying Jesus wasn't real also
>implying they both weren't every bit as supernatural as their followers make them out to be
>implying we don't live in a demon-haunted world
>>
>>7987951
>better
>greater

>>7988015
this btw
>>
>>7988116

this is such a dumb thread.
>>
>>7988148
Keep believing, you might become a panda.
>>
>>7988156
Yeah, right? OP is probably very wrong and my answer does not make justice to his... well... i'll let /lit fill that with an adjective for me.
>>
>>7988161
>his... well... i'll let /lit fill that with an adjective for me.
>adjective
>/lit
Adjective? Like fat? Please fuck off back to r/books.
>>
>7988166
>fat

Anon, keep it classy, for discussion's sake. Don't give ideas to others in order to offend OP. He deserves comprehension (also rationality, probably)
>>
>>7987951
Epictetus > Aristotle > Buddha > Nietzsche
>>
Diogenes>Socrates>Nietzsche>Buddha>Jesus

Not even kidding.
>>
>>7988908
Heraclitus>Nietzsche>Jesus>Buddha>Diogenes>Socrates
>>
>>7988893
>>7988908
>>7988967
Stirner > all of them
>>
>>7988971
lurk more newfag
>>
deleuze>heidegger>>heracltius>hermes>plotinus>plato>parmenides>buddha>aristotle>jesus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nietzsche
>>
Nietzsche seems to agree with Buddha that joy and suffering are intrinsically entwined, but takes the opposite approach for how to live life based on that principle.
>>
>>7988967
Diogesche>Socraclitus>Buddrtre>Cameidegger>Ortega y Descartes>My mommy
>>
Ludwig Von Wittgenstein>Hellenists>David Foster Wallace>Catholics>Analytics>Continentals
>>
Western Philosophy>Eastern Philosophy>Northern Philosophy>Southern Philosophy
>>
>>7989075
North-austral philosophy>levant-moon philosophy>my parents

This is not just playing silly. This is exemplifying the futility and stupidity of making rankings to define the values of cultural manifestations.
>>
>>7989017
the opposite approach of the dhamma is hedonism and N. is against it.
>>
>>7989081
Actually the value of ideas can be measured economically, but only if you asume that some things are good in themselves. The truth that they hold, the emotions they cause and so on. Sadly those are not the values in hich e measure the value of ideas in today's society's: everything is reduced to efficency, namely the capacity of something to provoke some effect that can translate into the generation of more money. In that regard we live in a very nietzschean society, in which power is the only thing that matters, which ruins the cultural enterprise whic are the sciences, philosophy among them. Truth for instance is, at best, a secondary concern.
>>
>>7988991
>implying Deleuze wasn't heavily influenced by Nietzsche

B-but muh Spinoza!
>>
>>7988967
Isn't it hypothesized that Jesus studied under Buddhist monks?
>>
>>7990062
It is now
>>
File: a-journey-of-thousand-miles.png (238 KB, 591x390) Image search: [Google]
a-journey-of-thousand-miles.png
238 KB, 591x390
>>7988893
>>7988908
>>7988967
>>7988991
>>7989028
>>7989063
>>7989075
>>7989081
All those > the Tao
>>
>>7987951
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJo2EZW8yU&t=4
>>
>>7989248
The egoist/ubermensch doesn't accept any predetermined value, he sets his own price.
Our concern never deviates from the essential value of things but the matter of deeds of ownership is trivial to real possession.
>>
>>7988991
Deleuze was a meme and Heidegger was basically all about studying the implications of Nietzsche until his later years.
>>
>>7988158
Are you twelve ? This board is for grown-ups, moron.
>>
>>7990062

Before and during the time of Jesus there was a community of Buddhist or Buddhist-like ascetics in Alexandria but aside from that I don't really know. I vaguely recall something about some scholars saying there was some evidence he had contact with them but I don't remember much about it.

By his time adherents of Buddhism had already for some time traveled throughout and spent time in the middle east and Greece/Egypt/the Levant cities. However, west of Iran it didn't make a huge impact and they were mostly treated as just another curious sect or group philosophers from the east. It was only in eastern Iran and the area to its north and east that there were large amounts of converts.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.