[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friedrich Nietzsche
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Nietzsche187c.jpg (2 MB, 1956x2940) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187c.jpg
2 MB, 1956x2940
What are his books about and are they worth reading?
>>
>>7985508
he started the 'start with the Greeks' meme.
>>
they're all about his mongoloid conception of greatness. They essentially all diverge on greatness.

And no, they are absolutely not worth reading
>>
>>7985510
That was Goethe, whom Nietzsche admired
>>
>>7985510
the myth of the greeks started in the middle ages
>>
>>7985508
they are about that guy from another planet that works at a newspaper as his day job
>>
YOU'RE MISUNDERSTANDING NIETZSCHE!!!
>>
That systems create a delusion of comprehensive understanding. Human knowledge can provide no more than a series of aphoristic insights which are communicable as the self-reflections of a coherent entity: the individual.
>>
>>7985508
I don't get the point of threads like this. You could just read Wikipedia and get as accurate a response as asking 4chan. Read the fucking books yourself or shut up.

>are they worth reading
If you have even a slight interest in philosophy, they're not just worth reading, but it's imperative to do so in the 21st century.
>>
>>7985996
Only correct answer, thread's done, get out before the opinionated shitposters flock in here.
>>
>>7985996
Not OP but I would appreciate a concise summary of his books. Wiki can get too convoluted and the formatting is horrible
>>
>>7986296
Read On the Genealogy of morals. It's short, and less convoluted than other works.

He literally had a new idea or interpretation of virtually everyone and everything during his time, and he liked chaotic art movements, so he would occasionally add misleading passages into his books.
>>
>>7986335
Ok. Thanks
>>
He was just a loner with manlet rage. I wouldn't bother with him.

The whole "life has no inherent meaning" thing isn't even his invention, all he did was apply his bitterness to it.

Camus has a much better perspective on the whole issue, and his work is actually nice to read.
>>
File: nonplussed frog.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
nonplussed frog.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>starting with Nietzsche

You have to AT MINIMUM read Plato, the Bible, and Hegel to properly appreciate Nietzsche.

Do kids these days really start philosophy with Nietzsche? No wonder nobody can think any more.
>>
>>7986519

>spotting idiots 101
>>
>>7986535
>posts frog
>thinks anyone cares about his opinion
>>
>>7986537
nice contribution
>>
The first work of Freddy everyone should read is Twilight of the Idols, the easiest along with The Antichrist.

Crucial for understanding his thought and then you can proceed with some dense stuff
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.