[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
scum tries to get right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: zeit.jpg (31 KB, 289x475) Image search: [Google]
zeit.jpg
31 KB, 289x475
okay, i admit that i'm scum. i usually pirate .epubs, and i won't try to justify it. however, i decided it was time to get right with jesus and i went looking for somewhere i could buy Bruce Sterling's "Zeitgeist". i have a paperback copy, but my ex kept it after she decided to pursue her career as a morphine addict and to stop answering her phone.

and nobody seems willing to sell me that ,epub. ebookmall.com says they either can't, or won't sell it to anyone living in my country (which is weird 'cause i don't live in fucking North Korea), and amazon doesn't have an epub.

i thought goodreads might be able to point me to somewhere, but all they seem to do is circle-jerk you around. i threw up a little in my mouth when they suggested i might like Orson Scott Card.

so. where the fuck do you get your ebooks, /lit/?
>>
>>7979159
> paperback is 0.01$ in amazon
OP pls

Also it's the worst Leggy Starlitz story
>>
>>7979193
probably used though so that 1 cent doesnt go towards the author but the reseller
>>
>>7979193
shipping cost is $65.

and how can you say it's the worst Lekhi Starlitz story when he forces that Turkish criminal gang leader to vomit bullets, currency and bags of heroin?
>>
>>7979195
Not sure Sterling would even care. He seems to be full-on industrial design and art conferences nowadays.

>>7979211
This one it's like a punk García Márquez but without the talent. Not that i read Sterling for the style, but Starlitz is funnier/more focused in the short stories.
>>
>>7979319
it did seem a little out of character for him to give up wheeling and dealing, to become a father. working at the Kwik-e-mart. although he did steal from them.
>>
>>7979460
>Starlitz stared in silent hunger at the satellite telephone. The device stank of futurity. They would probably go broke, being so far ahead of the curve and all, but the gizmo was an utter harbinger of things to come, like discovering a fossil in reverse. Starlitz felt a powerful urge to grip the phone, caress it, perhaps bite it, but he restrained himself. Vanna was sure to take that gesture all wrong.
My sides

>>7979159
Hey OP
http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/172876/zeitgeist-by-bruce-sterling/9780553576412/
>>
>>7979708
>http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/172876/zeitgeist-by-bruce-sterling/9780553576412/

"purchase ebook" links to Amazon.com, who don't have the ebook.

barnes and noble: "International addresses are not allowed when there are digital item(s) in your cart." (selects "clear all from shopping cart" and the page goes apeshit)

Booksamillion: "This item is only available to U.S. shipping addresses. "

Google Play: "We couldn't find anything for your search "

itunes requires me to install .. itunes. last time i tried that it crashed my machine and shat up my win7 install requiring half a day's repair work.

Kobo: "Sorry! Your search for “9780307796790” did not return any results."

i don't feel as bad about being pirate scum if the corporate world makes it this hard to take my money.
>>
Where do you live OP?
>>
>>7980851
the only logical solution is to move to the us duh
>>
library genesis is my dirty little secret
>>
>>7980870
Australia. inb4 ausfag jokes. at least we gave the world Greg Egan.

i'm still pissed off that we pay taxes that support the Queen but the fucking BBC won't let us stream their video content without going through a friggin' proxy.

>>7980877
>the only logical solution is to move to the us duh

yeah, even though i'm white, i don't want to be shot by an american cop. given the state of US health care, it sounds terminal.
>>
>>7980880

asuscomm used to be my dirty little secret, but they went down about a month ago. metric fucktonne of free epubs. it was too good to last.
>>
File: wat_deathbulge.jpg (71 KB, 179x179) Image search: [Google]
wat_deathbulge.jpg
71 KB, 179x179
>>7980880
>library genesis

nothing found there. perhaps Zeitgeist is too postmodern to be considered academic.
>>
>>7981160

well, shit.

http://www.fancygoods.com.au/tim/2010/04/14/why-cant-australians-buy-the-ebooks-they-want/
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.