[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bob Ross is the modern manifestation of the ubermensch. >creates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: bob.png (486 KB, 1140x699) Image search: [Google]
bob.png
486 KB, 1140x699
Bob Ross is the modern manifestation of the ubermensch.

>creates his own values, gives zero fucks what the flies of the marketplace of the contemporary art community thought of him
>free spirited, charted his own course through life and didn't even care what people thought.
>overcame ressentiment
>many animal friends just like Zarathustra
>>
>>7978774
Howard Roark and by that argument his basis in fact, Frank Lloyd Wright is probably the closest I can think of this is not an endorsement of Ayn Rand in any way.

Bob was marketing towards a low class demographic for ratings after the government mandated educational programming for public television.
>>
>>7978800

Ayn Rand's understanding of the ubermensch was remarkably shallow

I'd say Bob Ross comes closer to it in fact than Roark does in fiction
>>
>>7978774
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVwCYKH8DqQ
>>
>>7978800
I don't recall Wright having any animal friends. Ross had a pet squirrel and a crow.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 236x173) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 236x173
Beyond good and evil.

He kept pets like da Vinci and Alex DeLarge...
>>
>>7978774
He literally never ever made a mistake. Wow he was superhuman!!
>>
>>7979801
Being ubermensch is not about not making mistakes.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.