[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
“Personally, I am a hedonistic reader; I have never read a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: borges.jpg (32 KB, 373x475) Image search: [Google]
borges.jpg
32 KB, 373x475
“Personally, I am a hedonistic reader; I have never read a book merely because it was ancient. I read books for the aesthetic emotions they offer me, and I ignore the commentaries and criticism.”
>>
>>7978663
That way you'll put yourself in an ignorant self imposed prison. Good luck my ignorant desu.
>>
>>7978668
tips fedora
>>
>>7978663
>I read books for the aesthetic emotions they offer me, and I ignore the commentaries and criticism
Having read his essays on the Divine Comedy then this is clearly a bullshit remark. He certainly reads commentaries and criticism, and that to a large degree.
>>
>>7978696
Maybe he reads the commentaries and criticism as literary works themselves. mind = borged
>>
>>7978696
He wouldn't have to "ignore" them if he didn't read them
>>
>>7978668
So reading for the love of it is bad, a "prison" and reading ancient texts for some reason is all that can free you? What kind of spooks are behind this post?

>>7978696
Maybe he's stating this as a warning that one shouldn't bother with the criticisms.
Even if the quote is hypocritical or misattributed it has some value.
>>
>>7979541
No, he's saying the criticisms don't come into play when he experiences the aesthetics of a book. It should seem obvious.
>>
>>7979617
Ah right. Distracted.
>>
>>7978663
yup
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.