[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /lit/. I finished the first draft of my first novel on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: drink-mead-everyday.jpg (11 KB, 250x328) Image search: [Google]
drink-mead-everyday.jpg
11 KB, 250x328
Hey, /lit/.

I finished the first draft of my first novel on Tuesday. I need some people to beta read it. I'm kinda loathe to give it to my family and friends, because of a few reasons.

1: They're my family and friends. I'm worried they won't be honest.
2: It's not done yet, it's only the first draft.
3: I'd rather hand them signed copies of it once it hits print.

How do you guys get beta readers, if you write?
>>
File: 1421511381157.png (11 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1421511381157.png
11 KB, 300x188
>>7978325
I'll read it. Do you have Skype or kik or something?

I'm nearly through a first draft and I was just going to ask lit and people I already collected from lit through soc to do it.
>>
>>7978325
I'll alpha read it lmao
>>
ill read it but if you dare call me a beta again ill kill you you dick fuck
>>
I do have Skype, no Kik. I can send a PDF.

Username is BeorcKano.

I'm totally willing to trade critiques for it.

>>7978333
>>7978336
Alright, you fuckers and be Omega Readers. That work?
>>
It's 99,281 words long, as it is, according to Open Office word count. Rough draft AF.
>>
OP here. Gonna get some sleep, going house hunting in the morning. I'll leave this up to catch any other responses.
>>
theres probably websites for this that offer free services from people who WONT call you a faggot and tell you to kill yourself
>>
>>7978395
yeah but what's the point?
>>
>>7978325
What's the novel about? I'll read it if it sounds interesting.
>>
OP here.

It's high fantasy. Main character is an elf, but he's shunned for being a bit of a genetic freak; he's enormous and muscled, not agile, and while he is by no means stupid, he lacks the tact and grace of most elves, so he's an outcast. The novel is the first in a two part volume of his travels towards his destiny.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.