[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I spend a lot of my time writing and masturbating. I think I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: ray_bradbury.jpg (80 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
ray_bradbury.jpg
80 KB, 308x308
I spend a lot of my time writing and masturbating. I think I do it because when I was a kid I used to read a lot of science fiction books. Note that I'm talking about writing here. I don't think the science fiction has influenced my masturbating at all. My favorite was Bradbury. Some of his stories were shit but there are two of his stories that have always stuck with me. One was one called Sun and Shadow ( https://www.unz.org/Pub/Reporter-1953mar17-00036 ) and one was called The Long Rain ( http://www.blaine.k12.wa.us/bhs/Staff%20pages/mstevens/Stevens_Site/Welcome_files/The-Long-Rain.pdf ). These two stories were my earliest true pure literary experience. Being able to read these with almost no preconceived social/cultural/etc. biases was an experience I can never have again. Reading them was a seminal experience for me that probably explains why I am the way I am today.

The funny thing is that my mom only bought me those kinds of books because old ass used books (like 5 cents each at a yard sale) were cheaper than Animorphs (which were like $15 each and there were like 100 of them).
>>
File: great-abs-workout.jpg (44 KB, 489x677) Image search: [Google]
great-abs-workout.jpg
44 KB, 489x677
>Being able to read these with almost no preconceived social/cultural/etc. biases was an experience I can never have again.
What's the tl;dr of the stories and what are the aspects that you now (would) read differently?

And how long do you take from taking your cock in the hand for the first time till coming?
>>
>>7975620
Sun and Shadow is about a guy who flashes his penis at a photographer because he doesn't want his picture taken. He does it because he doesn't want his shitty life to be simplified into a single picture that people will see with no context. When I was a kid I may not have been able to elucidate my understand that well but I think my inclination to be suspicious by default of everything stems from this story. This is the better and more "literary" of the two so if you only want to read one, read this one.

The Long Rain is about a group of spacemen stranded on a planet where it never stops raining. Bradbury maintains a striking omnipresent dread hopelessness throughout that gives me chills. It is a horror story with no horror.
>>
>>7975674
If you like the Long Rain check out the Walls of Eryx by Lovecraft. Very similar and extremely unnerving story.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.