[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never read any niel gaiman. Only the second time I'm posting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 710x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 710x310
Never read any niel gaiman. Only the second time I'm posting here. What do you all recommend?
>>
>>7973551
>What do you all recommend?
Not reading him.
>>
Not very "literary" but it's generally better than genre fiction.
>>
>>7973551

do you think he lets his wife peg him?
he seems like a cuck to me.
>>
>>7973551

I recommend you get your tight little ass back to pleddit
>>
>>7973551
His comic series Sandman is better than anything else he's written.
Some of his short stories are pretty OK, in his Smoke and Mirrors collection.
Stardust is extremely cute, my favorite of his books.
American Gods is alright.
I remember somewhat enjoying Ocean at the end of the lane, but that's all I remember about it.
Anansi Boys had some neat stuff but relies way too much on his "gods are mundane old people doing stupid shit" shtick.
Neverwhere was dull.

Read sandman and stardust and maybe american gods if you liked those. Sandman is a comic book.
>>
He did a nice story for a Hellraiser comic one time. It's collected somewhere.
>>
>>7973758
this.

there are some genuine feels in Sandman, but everything else of his - including that episode of Babylon 5 and that other episode of Doctor Who - rely too much on fairy dust. and, wow, i am REALLY sick of seeing that amiable old cockney gent, the one with the fingerless gloves, named Mister Something Cute.

> oh, no, the planet's about to implode

> planet explodes
>>
>>7973691

He's in an "open relationship" XD
>>
>>7973758
American Gods is literally the worst book I've ever attempted to read. I'm usually pretty good at identifying and adjusting my trajectory to avoid plot-driven cliche encyclopedias but a trusted friend recommended it to me so I gave it a shot. The main character's name alone was enough to make me give up but at the friend's insistence I persevered until a truly cringeworthy simultaneous fistfight/dialogue in which both combatants wax poetic about the honor and love of fistfighting while drunk turned me off completely. Irreparable shit. A total waste of time.
>>
>>7973551
gayman hahahahaha xD
>>
>>7973551

American Gods, Sandman and The Ocean At The End Of The Lane are all very good. Gaiman is great light and fast reading
>>
>>7975218
American Gods is basically a comic book in purely literary form so you kind of have to take with it a sort of inherent camp or bluntness
>>
>>7975225
you think that's bad? alt.fan.moorcock was full of gay guys advertising their cocksucking services last time i looked.

Michael Moorcock deserves better than that.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.