[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jorge Luis Borges
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: labyrinths.jpg (105 KB, 340x542) Image search: [Google]
labyrinths.jpg
105 KB, 340x542
I finally got around to reading Borges, and seriously, shit was SO cash. I wish I knew more about Latin and Greek classics like Borges did, because he weaves allusion and allegory to his short fiction so well. I personally loved House of Asterion, Emma Zunz, and Death and the Compass best.

Which were your favorite Borges stories?
>>
>>7898549
The Secret Miracle. So ... weird.
>>
The Secret Miracle. So ... weird.
>>
Death and the Compass was a great short story where the smart guy actually dies for being smart. lol
>>
Death and the Compass was a great short story where the smart guy actually dies for being smart. lol
>>
>>7898549
El aleph, las ruinas circulares.

I want to get an edition of his complete fiction but they never have it in stock, fuck.
>>
>>7898643
They never have it in stock here either.
>>
>>7898643
>>7898649
Have you tried your local Amazon?
>>
El inmortal
>>
>>7898549
the ones with the tigers, mirrors, knife fighters and infinites
>>
>>7898654
they don't have it on amazon mx.
>>7898662
you forgot the gauchos.
>>
>>7898662
garden of forking paths?
>>
Pierre Menard, fucking hilarious
>>
>>7898556
>>7898608
>>7898618
>>7898632
underrated
>>
>>7898556
>>7898608
>>7898618
>>7898632
underrated
>>
Lest I forget, The Three Versions of Judas was a great mindfuck. I have never thought of the Gospels in that manner.
>>
-Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius: is literally the mindfuck and philosophical version of what 4chan call "meme magic"

-Funes the Memorious: because mindfuck

-A History of Eternity: because is a neat historical view on it
>>
Pierre Menard, he said more about authorship and the problem of intent in six pages than most philosophers have produced with their entire careers
>>
>>7898730
Tlon is the ultimate mindfuck. The guy finds out he's just another synthesis from another world.
>>
>>7898736
omg fuck yes
>>
>>7898730
Fuck, Tlön is my favourite of his stories and I never really thought about it, but it is indeed the first detailing of meme magic I can think of.
>>
>>7898736
Memes actually go beyond their borders and pour over real life.
>>
>>7898549
Sexy cover.

Tlon maybe best, Forking paths for favourite because it's a boy's adventure story as well as a labyrinth. And lottery of Babylon for how relaxed the narrator is.
>>
>>7898656
This
>>
>>7899065
Then he kills his 'friend' after battling the enemy

cool story
>>
>>7898549
>The Two Kings and the Two Labyrinths
Short, but sweet.
>>
>>7899101
Yes. It's a cool story. And some of the other stuff is just a short pop philosophy article with a fictional lead-in.
>>
The Circular Ruins
>>
Tlor, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius

>You're just another created simulacrum from a world you yourself created
>Feels
>>
The Immortal
>>
I enjoy Borges because he seems somewhat removed from most literary currents. He doesn't seem to give much fucks about plot or character development or the sociocultural concerns of realism. To him plot and characters were just an excuse to explore ideas or build intricate in-jokes about nothing but literaly allusions.
>>
The Loyal fib Barber
>>
The Lob arab Briefly
>>
The Ol' friary Babble
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.