[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he plebian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: StephenKing.jpg (19 KB, 414x403) Image search: [Google]
StephenKing.jpg
19 KB, 414x403
Is he plebian?
>>
>>7898485
Hell yes, now go away
>>
The guy has written 57 novels and over 200 short stories, you got to give credit where credit is due, the guy is fucking creative.
>>
Maybe, but I don't think he's as toxic as some other pleb writers, and I think he's done a lot of decent stuff, and has earned his place in media.
>>
>>7898498
I've taken a shit at least 200 times in my life but that doesn't make me creative, does it? Just because you're prolific doesn't mean you're talented.
>>
If you'd asked me a year ago, I would've said, yes, of course, obviously. But then I saw that, in his opinion, one of the two best novels of the twentieth century is Infinite Jest, and I had to revise my opinion. The man is thoroughly patrish.
>>
>>7898498
This just means King has verbal diarrhea, the man can't control himself, much like Jean-Paul Sartre.
>>
King is a much better writer than people think he is and it's mostly because he tends to write schlock that people think he's unskilled. He is actually quite skilled and very capable when he wants to be.

Proof: Batman and Robin have an altercation. Fantastic short story about a son and his father with Alzheimer's.
>>
>>7898595
You know what, I like this story so much I'm going to scan it for you faggots, so enjoy you ungrateful cunts.
>>
>>7898485
>>7898593
>Steven King has a very unique super power where he vomits continuously, yet every so often a diamond the size of a baby's skull is mixed in with the puke.
>>
>>7898595
>He is actually quite skilled and very capable when he wants to be.

So it's just a coincidence that he looks like a mongoloid?
>>
>>7898650
>"he is actually quite skilled"
>"he looks like a mongoloid"
>somehow this is a coincidence
your hypothesis makes no sense
>>
>>7898671
Nope. Think about why you used the term "actually".
>>
File: 1.jpg (2 MB, 1677x2221) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2 MB, 1677x2221
1/5
>>
File: 2.jpg (2 MB, 1613x2240) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2 MB, 1613x2240
2/5
>>
File: 3.jpg (3 MB, 1690x2240) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
3 MB, 1690x2240
3/5
>>
File: king01_2-copy-2.jpg (2 MB, 2087x3040) Image search: [Google]
king01_2-copy-2.jpg
2 MB, 2087x3040
He is the plebeians patrician.

The people who think he is the worst of the worst have never tried to read a James Patterson novel.
>>
File: 4.jpg (2 MB, 1582x2266) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2 MB, 1582x2266
4/5
>>
File: 5.jpg (2 MB, 1459x1971) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
2 MB, 1459x1971
5/5

I couldn't find a link anywhere so I guess now the internet has it.

Whatcha think, /lit/?
>>
>>7898740
thanks anon

im gonna read it after I finish this work I have to do

I appreciate the effort you put into scanning it though, and I must say your scanner seems like its pretty high quality.
>>
>>7898740
It wasn't bad but it was a little maudlin and melodramatic. The Tat Man going bonkers and beating on the guy felt–––untruthful I guess. Implausible. I think I would have liked it more if t would have gone a different more low-key direction than the accident and everything the followed.
>>
>>7898740
>>7898785
Thank you for posting it by the way.
>>
>>7898790
>>7898745
No prob, after all the free shit I've gotten from these boards I may as well give back.
>>
>>7898785
I agree actually, but I feel this is where King needs to be King. Joyce would have had some moment of revelation during the car ride or something, But King always needs his flash.

What I do like a lot in this story is the very subtle framework of all the setups and payoffs going on. King's best attribute is encouraging you to keep reading whatever he has written and that's not the easiest skill to cultivate.

If there was a tier above pleb but below true patrician, King would be the leader of it.
>>
>>7898485
I think we collectively agreed that he was middlebrow: better than genre fiction and ya and worse than literary fiction.
Which is also Stephen King's opinion of Stephen King
>>
>>7898842
King died in the crash.
>>
>>7898498
R. L. Stine has published over 900 books. He must be a genius
>>
>>7898603
It's not very good.
>>
>>7898498
>"creative"
>having any value at all
"Creative" writing courses are a shit show for the same reason, familia.
>>
>>7899292
>making implications
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.