[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's do a Pulp thread. Doc Savage, The Shadow, Buck Rogers,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: doc savage.jpg (51 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
doc savage.jpg
51 KB, 350x500
Let's do a Pulp thread.

Doc Savage, The Shadow, Buck Rogers, Lost World, HP Lovecraft

I'm a big fan of old pulp stuff, and looking to finally read all the Doc Savage stuff. Is anyone else into pulp? What are you reading?
>>
File: 2756.jpg (42 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
2756.jpg
42 KB, 500x505
The destroyer series is pulpy as fuck. There was also another pulpy one about a lesbian assassin or so something like that. Maybe someone can post it here.

There's also a decent pulp scene on Amazon. If you like trashy writing, Amazon is the place to go.
>>
I dont think anyone here actually reads pulp
>>
I love pulp. Just read 20,000 leagues under the sea for the first time. Was shocked at how good it started out. Book stops dead in its tracks once they get on board the nautilus though.
>>
>>7898356

I never read it. I'm halfway through the first Doc Savage novel and it's fucking great.
>>
Don Rubio was rather short, well
knit. His face was entirely too handsome for
a man's. His complexion was olive, his lips
thin, his nose straight and a bit too sharp.
His eyes were dark and limpid as a
seƱorita's.
Don Rubio had ears exactly like
those artists put on pictures of the devil.
They were very pointed.
>>
>>7897474
What are Lovecraft and Asimov then ?
>>
File: Tsunami.jpg (415 KB, 950x592) Image search: [Google]
Tsunami.jpg
415 KB, 950x592
>>7898356
The protagonist in All the Light We Cannot See is reading that throughout the novel, and now I feel as though I've vicariously gotten the gist of it
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.