[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good books about love, lost love or longing for love? Something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1.17-Donghi,-Woman-at-the-Cafe.jpg (257 KB, 525x701) Image search: [Google]
1.17-Donghi,-Woman-at-the-Cafe.jpg
257 KB, 525x701
Good books about love, lost love or longing for love? Something bittersweet, not all negative please.
>>
The Dead by Joyce fits all of those f a m
>>
Jeanette Winterson - The Passion
>>
>>7895426
Looking specifically for a novel, and I've read Joyce, thanks though.
>>
Conspiracy Against the Human Race
>>
>>7895419
letter to d - gorz
>>
The Age of Innocence

Seriously is exactly what you're looking for, bittersweet to perfection.
>>
>>7895436
ayyyyy i saw goodfella's adaptation of this with beetljuice and daniel plainview
>>
The Dead is a good rec

I'd say Great Expectations
>>
File: 9780141189208.jpg (113 KB, 423x650) Image search: [Google]
9780141189208.jpg
113 KB, 423x650
>>
>>7895451

Read this after I saw it on oprah, boring book.
>>
File: manuel-valss-1.jpg (325 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
manuel-valss-1.jpg
325 KB, 2000x1000
>>7895456

better than 100 years desu senpai
>>
Anna Karenina
>>
White Nights by Dostoevsky
The Resurrection by Tolstoy
Unbearable Lightness of Being by Kundera, was shit though
Suffering of Young Werther
>>
Sentimental Education, by Gustave Flaubert.

A romantic falls in love with an older woman, and spends most of his life chasing her. Ironical, aware of its own ridiculousness, and still genuinely sympathetic to the "hopeless romantic"

Find a good translation from the French.
>>
FINALLY A LITERARY EMO THREAD
>>
>>7895419
The Possibility Of An Island
more bitter than sweet tho
>>
Turgenev's The Torrents of Spring is what you want.
>>
>>7895419
Love's Labour's Lost. Seriously. Read it and wait for the loooong monologue by Berowne. You will be stunned...
>>
Kent Haruf - Our Souls at Night
>>
this literally describes like half the western canon

try remains of the day
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.