[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many books do you go through a week? How do I stop sub
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 1680x1050
How many books do you go through a week?

How do I stop sub vocalizing/read faster?
>>
>>7892264
Why do you want to read faster?
>>
>>7892264
Subvocalisation and speedreading are memes; read for comprehension and depth, not your goodreads bookshelf e-penis.
>>
Read at your own pace you fucking autist it's not a race
>>
>>7892270
>>7892269
>>7892273
So it's okay to be a slow reader, then? Everyone here seems to consume multiple books in a matter of hours whereas I sub vocalize and take my time reading. This is normal, right?
>>
>>7892269
>>7892270
>>7892273
noobs detected
>>
You should read out loud like they were meant to for most of history. When did people start reading quietly? I think it must have started after
>>
>wanting to read quickly

Pleb
>>
>>7892275
>So it's okay to be a slow reader, then?
Ofcourse.
>Everyone here seems to consume multiple books in a matter of hours
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>This is normal, right?
Depends on how fast you read, but unless you're reading at a potato pace and manage 10 pages in an hour it doesn't matter.
>>
>>7892275
It's not about reading fast, it's about comprehending and understanding what you've just read.
>>
File: 423432.jpg (6 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
423432.jpg
6 KB, 264x191
>>7892275
Some people read only the Bible and think they know everything they need to know, so it's a matter of views. Reading 2 books a month makes you more patrician than half the US.
>>
>>7892339
I'd go as far as saying 90%
>>
>>7892339
Reading books doesn't make you patrish tho
>>
>>7892264
It depends on what kind of books I'm reading, and how much time I dedicate to reading. Usually I read 1-1.5 books a week, but during the easter I think I read 4.

I prefer shorter works atm, last book I read was Of Mice and Men. I could probably have read it in just one sitting, but I paced myself and read it over three days.
>>
>>7892357
No but it helps
>>
well. lets ask ourselves, whats the point of reading is? you could read a ton of books, but if you don't reflect upon the material you've read, whats the point? maybe people read for different reasons. i guess that would make sense. but i would rather read 5 meaningful books that i truly identify with and enjoy rather than 20 that don't exactly strike a chord with me.

pardon me if that doesn't make sense. its 7am and i'm feeling a little foggy.
>>
I read about 4 books a week. I don't watch television or play vidya though, and I only go to the gym twice a week.

I can read about 50 pages in an hour, sometimes less when I am taking notes on the book.
>>
>>7892264
>When we speak of someone as "well'read," we should have this ideal in mind. Too often, we use that phrase to mean the quantity rather than the quality of reading. A person who has read widely but not well deserves to be pitied rather than praised. As Thomas Hobbes said, "If I read as many books as most men do, I would be as dull-witted as they are."
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.