[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who uses audiobooks? Is it plebeian? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1356173396172.jpg (140 KB, 751x700) Image search: [Google]
1356173396172.jpg
140 KB, 751x700
Am I the only one who uses audiobooks? Is it plebeian? It's basically the same content, but just listening instead of reading. Listening is good too, right?
>>
I listen to audio books and podcasts while doing tasks that don't require much thought
>>
if you're blind, or if your brain has that dyslexic disconnect with words, audiobooks are a godsend.

i can't stand them because my regular reading pace is entire paragraphs at a glance, and audiobooks are too slow.
>>
So you're saying that your attention span is so poor that you can't even commit to reading words off of a page? End yourself.
>>
>>7887130
I'm probably dyslexic, some times I read very very slow, like I can spend a good 5-10 minutes on a single page.
>>
I use it while commuting as supplemental. It however is a massive disadvantage and I only do it with texts I don't care too much about. You miss a lot from not seeing the pages and it also takes twice as long to listen as it takes to read.
>>
>>7887130
you - shithead. go find a russian website and stare at all the Cyrillic. try to decode it.

that's what it's like reading english with dyslexia. fucking sociopaths, should stick to /pol/ and /mu/
>>
>>7886368
They're an ok substitute for a second read of anything substantive. If you're listening to them in lieu of a first read, the book better be fluff or you better be blind and incapable of reading Braille.
>>
>>7886379
like what? im curious because i find it hard listening to a podcast while doing something else i need ideas also im wondering if my brain is broken
>>
>>7886936
>mfw I realised other people subvocalise
>>
>>7886368
If your book is pretty words or poems, sure.

Philosophy and challenging lit require extensive re-reading and pauses to actually process what you're reading.
>>
>>7888459
Chores. Dishes. Laundry. That stuff.

My language learning jumped a few levels when I realized I could rip conversations off of YouTube and listen to them while doing mindless nonsense like that.
>>
>>7886936
>my regular reading pace is entire paragraphs at a glance

Bullshit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.