[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solaris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: solaris.jpg (57 KB, 317x475) Image search: [Google]
solaris.jpg
57 KB, 317x475
Just finished this book. Anyone wants to discuss? Also, Lem general
>>
>>7882355
haven't read the book , but tarkovsky's film is better.
>>
>>7882364
How do you know it's better if you haven't read the book?
>>7882355
Anyway I did read it and it was quite IMO.
>>
>>7882364
No, the novel is better
>>
why we're the scientist so fucking stupid
>>
I have read the book, and >>7882364
is correct.

Book's not bad though
>>
>>7882364
I've read it and, actually, yes, the film is better.
>>
>>7882460
Are they? I mean I hear this complaint a lot and I'm a little confused which decisions in particular they mean? Just the part where they are not super excited to "make contact"? Snaut has lines and lines of dialogue putting into really beautiful words just how futile he perceives the exploration of the stars and search for intelligent life.

Book was alright, the endless describtions of the nature of the planet and the scientific theories weren't to my liking. I would have preferred more personal struggles. I can't find the book quotes but the movie seems to have the same:

>We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror. We seek contact and will never achieve it. We are in the foolish position of a man striving for a goal he fears and doesn't want. Man needs man!
>>
>>7882732
nah
>>
The film shines when it follows the book material and staggers when it treads away from it. Especially the parts before he lands on the station
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.