[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is To The Lighthouse an ok place to start Woolf with or do I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: woolflight.jpg (60 KB, 300x452) Image search: [Google]
woolflight.jpg
60 KB, 300x452
Is To The Lighthouse an ok place to start Woolf with or do I really need to read some her earlier works? Should I go straight to The Waves instead?

How long is it?
>>
200 pages, It's a good place to start, but you can go straight ahead to the waves if you want to
>>
It doesn't matter what order you read books. They're not part of a series.

>How long is it?
are you too retarded to google?
>>
>>7881942

Google search doesn't really tell you how many pages a book has desu
>>
>Virginia Woo-elf

What was she thinking?
>>
>>7882034
Wikipidia occasionally does
>>
ive only read to the lighthouse and the waves but i'd say to the lighthouse is the better place to start (and just more enjoyable in general)
>>
Finished to the lighthouse today, boring and crap.
>he says women cant paint boo hoo maybe the tree should be more central
>uh i hate dad i want to go lighthouse
>ooh give me sympathy im a pathetic old man
Fuckin boring shite tbqh
>>
>>7881921
>>7881926
The waves is kinda weird
>>
To The Lighthouse is a good place to start. It's difficult, as are all of Woolf's works, but this is the most accessible as far as thematics and style is concerned. One of the few books to make me weep. It's truly beautiful.
>>
>>7882311
>>7882464

Oh boy, how does one reconcile these two.
>>
>>7882311
lol zero experience in life kiddo?

I feel sorry for you.
>>
Mrs.Dalloway is a better place to start imo

Also The Waves isn't that hard and To the Light House isn't that easy either.
>>
>>7882034
try goodreads
>>
>>7882034
amazon
>>
I would start with Mrs. Dalloway, then The Waves, then To the Lighthouse, then The Waves again (way better the second time). Or just read whatever you want. I thought To the Lighthouse was the most challenging of the three, through.
>>
you can start anywhere but I would say Mrs Dalloway is a better introduction
>>
>>7883164
Everytime.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.