[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the great /manly/-core authors? Who understands what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: Heideggfa.jpg (17 KB, 297x393) Image search: [Google]
Heideggfa.jpg
17 KB, 297x393
Who are the great /manly/-core authors? Who understands what being a man in the modern world is like, without being cuckolded by the shame imposed upon them by political correctness and feminism? Which authors are most likely to be read by men and least likely to be properly understood or appreciated by women? Who gets the usual knee-jerk accusations of misogyny just because they don't write or behave like women? Which authors of past ages should inspire men?

I'm thinking:

John Updike
John Cheever
Raymond Chandler
Thomas Pynchon
Herman Melville
David Mamet
>>
I hope picture isn't related
>>
Tennessee Williams
>>
H E M I N G W A Y
E
M
I
N
G
W
A
Y
>>
What's so great about John Updike, especially to list him first.
I've only read an essay by him in uni and I walked away thinking he was a huge faggot, and also nasty.
It was about him going to a grocery store and staring at some girl's ass without making a move like a beta.
>>
>>7881206
FYI: John Cheever was a homosexual.
>>
>>7881244
Williams was a big ol' homo but I actually agree. Most of the women who surround his male leads are shrill cunts who wreck lives.

>>7881257
Of course. A shameful omission.
>>
>>7881264
Well, at least that's hard to understand for women.
>>
>>7881237
It is. That new propaganda about heidegger being a cuck is fake as fuck. Jews just mad he slammed Hanna and never apologized for nazi shit.
>>
>>7881258
I don't think the /r9k/ narrator in A&P is actually the author, anon.
>>
>>7881266
>shrill cunts who wreck lives
Ever seen Glass Menagerie, my dude? If you think that of Laura you're probably a sociopath desu.
>>
>>7881271
Ah, the old "It wasn't really me, it was a narrator from whom I artfully maintained perfect authorial distance, I promise" excuse
>>
>>7881277
You ever seen Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
>>
>>7881298
Yes?
>>
Masculinity is toxic, have you not heard?
>>
Pynchon isn't manful at all. He's a withdrawn beta who creates wacky and exciting worlds in his books to make up for his dull life, just like Nabokov made up for his mediocre conversational skills with sparkling prose.
>>
mishima so manly that he glorified sex with men
>>
Heidegger was a serious manlet.
Should be enough to expel him from the great Manosphere.
>>
>>7881264
>man
>have sex with another man

it really can't even get more masculine than that, dummy
>>
>>7881377
So OP wanted the best of gay literature?
>>
>>7881385
>Straight literature vs LGBT literature dichotomy
Why do you even bother with your humanities degrees, dumb Orwellian americants
>>
>>7881343
Pynchon is very detail oriented while women cannot handle details. I've never met a single woman who has both read and enjoyed Thomas Pynchon.

>>7881374
>current year
>not wanting to enjoy being-in-the-world

Get lost, woman.
>>
>>7881408
>2016
>humanities degree

Shiggy.
>>
>>7881314
Naa. Why do you ask?
>>
>>7881485
The women are cunts.
>>
>>7881425
My mom likes pynchon
>>
>>7882275
Yeah but does she really "get it"?
>>
Not a single post saying Homer? Fuck you guys
>>
File: virginia_woolf_01.jpg (222 KB, 720x1000) Image search: [Google]
virginia_woolf_01.jpg
222 KB, 720x1000
Who are the great /feminine/-core authors? Who understands what being a woman in the modern world is like, without being cuckolded by the shame imposed upon them by political incorrectness and misogyny? Which authors are most likely to be read by women and least likely to be properly understood or appreciated by men? Who gets the usual knee-jerk accusations of men-hating just because they don't write or behave like men? Which authors of past ages should inspire women?

I'm thinking:

Virginia Woolf
Ayn Rand
Sappho
Mary Shelley
Simone de Beauvoir
>>
File: ron-swanson.jpg (61 KB, 620x250) Image search: [Google]
ron-swanson.jpg
61 KB, 620x250
>>7881342
Ham on rye with horseradish sauce, please.
>>
>>7882275
I like pynchon your mom
>>
>>7883356
Don't forget Flannery O'Connor
>>
>>7883356
>women
>reading

Jest of a lifetime
>>
>>7881342
Do you ever think its weird that the guys who gave you the term 'redpill' aren't guys anymore?
>>
>>7881366
A lot of homos are super obsessed with masculinity
>>
>>7883605
turns out the redpill was actually a dose of female hormones

>tfw no brother to become tranny sisters with later in life after becoming millionaires in hollywood
>>
>>7883356
All your women authors are shit. You just memed yourself into utter humilation.
>>
>>7884956
Actually tho, it's a p good list. Crossing off Rand, you could make a good "Women Authors" chart to post whenever that thread makes its rounds again.
>>
>>7883613
like op.
masculinity and feminity are spooks, my property.
>>
hashtag gender is a social construct no 1 understands shit x
>>
>>7883356
Any Bronte sister.
>>
>>7881206

Kek, all of those authors would get the shit kicked out of them by Mark Hunt. Ruminating on shit you can't control is literally the opposite of what being a man is all about.
>>
>>7881206
Henry Miller
Ernst Junger
Most Greeks
(not lit): Stanley Kubrick

>>7881277
>Ever seen Glass Menagerie
>seen
no, but I've read it twice. Get your savior-complex in check lmfao.
>>
Bukowski.

Protip. Real men don't spend all their time worrying about feminism and muh SJWs, nor do they spend time onating about how manly they are.

In this world, woman now possesses the power of speech. She doesn't understand it, but that doesn't matter. The response should be terseness. Take refuge in meaning and action. Don't hate women
>>
>>7881298
you are a dumb motherfucker if you think every character in a novel is the author
>>
So I know of this manly as fuck author that writes about manliness and the meaning of masculinity, also backing the behavior of men throughout history. He insults feminism, governments, corporations, etc. for the way they're demonizing masculinity. If you want to check him out, his name is Jack Donovan. He has one book called The Way of Men, and is releasing another this month
>>
>>7887815
Jack, is that you?
>>
>>7887406

>Ruminating on shit you can't control is literally the opposite of what being a man is all about.

Mark Hunt would ruminate on all the taxes and societal pressures that he has to deal with. And world leaders would have to ruminate on the pressures from banking cabals. Even religious men have to ruminate and wrest with the daily pressures of their faith.

There are always higher levels to control. Even incredibly physically gifted men need to deal with constant moments of greater submission to other men. You're kidding yourself if you think that you were actually saying anything with that post.
>>
Henry Miller. Every man should read The Rosy Crucifixion.
>>
>>7887815
Literally who?
>>
File: Stirner.jpg (34 KB, 294x400) Image search: [Google]
Stirner.jpg
34 KB, 294x400
>>7881206
>this entire post
>>
Joseph Conrad.
>>
>>7883356
SAPPHO
A
P
P
H
O
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.