[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for some good religious fiction (not fiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: faith.gif (60 KB, 456x458) Image search: [Google]
faith.gif
60 KB, 456x458
I'm looking for some good religious fiction (not fiction set within an existing religion but the creation of a new one, perhaps a fictional holy text or something like that). Is there anything worthwhile out there? I'm currently reading American Gods and I love the sections such as men first arriving in America written as if they're in the bible.
>>
All religious texts are fictional, at least to a certain extent
>>
>>7881068
*dibs*
:DDDD
>>
>>7881068
>in my opinion
>>
>>7881071
>>7881074
There are hundreds if not thousands of religions, with many small variations even within them, not to mention the many forgotten religions. Even if one is true, think of how many throughout history have been wrong. It's just as likely that one of the 5 thousand year old religions we aren't aware of anymore is true, nobody can say for sure.
>>
>>7880956
>religious fiction
A bit repetitive anon.
>>
>>7880956
"Lord of Light" by Roger Zelazny
>>
>>7881250
Seconding this one!
>>
>>7880956
Book of the New, Long and Short Sun.
>>
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon is about an early 20th century Spanish writer hired to write a new religious text. Very good, especially if you like gothic sensibilities and Barcelona.
>>
Principia Discordia

theres also that fake religion in cat's cradle where you rub your feet together
>>
>>7881288
How is Zafon's writing? I've heard mixed things about his prose, but I'm thinking of picking up The Shadow of the Wind based on my friend's recommendation. The story itself sounds pretty interesting.
>>
>>7880956
>perhaps a fictional holy text or something like that

Pic related.

"The Prophet is a book of 26 prose poetry essays written in English by the Lebanese artist, philosopher and writer Kahlil Gibran."

A really good read.
>>
File: the-prophet-e28094-book-cover.jpg (336 KB, 1339x2090) Image search: [Google]
the-prophet-e28094-book-cover.jpg
336 KB, 1339x2090
>>7881364
Oh, forgot pic. :-/
>>
>>7881297
It's got this sort of stiff flair to it that I really enjoy in translated works. Just go for either The Angel's Game or Shadow before you read The Prisoner of Heaven.
>>
>>7881068
>>7881071
>>7881074
>>7881099
>>7881229
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.