[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Carl Jung papa /lit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1445212175440.jpg (433 KB, 1000x901) Image search: [Google]
1445212175440.jpg
433 KB, 1000x901
Tell me about Carl Jung papa /lit/
>>
Final boss of level 1 esoteric philosophy

Only read when you're ready to enter the spirit realm and begin battling Jews

It is advisable to know at least a little alchemy beforehand. Those Jews rush you right as you spawn.
>>
>>7879469
He's a waste of time.

>>7879481
Return to reddit
>>
>>7879481
u gotta leave
>>
>>7879481
Cringe
>>
>>7879469
Cool art

Artist/title?
>>
>>7879605
Gustav Klimt is the painter.
>>
>>7879605
>not being able to recognize a klimt

so was majoring in stem worth living life as a pleb?
>>
>>7879512
>He's a waste of time.

I don't understand why you'd bother posting if you know absolutely nothing.

Why not post some context? Hating Jung is easy. Liking Jung is easy. You do neither because you haven't read anything.
>>
Jungs study of symbols across cultures and battle again scientific method is awesome. The reason he isn't widely read in academia is because he believed that humans were born with certains archetypes which means we are not born tabula rasa but with intersubjective structures. He's a very eccentric and intelligent read. I doubt many here actually have read him. I personally find him a big inspiration as a person; He believed that man needed myth above all and he did all he could to contribute myth to mankind.
>>
File: jung.jpg (655 KB, 725x951) Image search: [Google]
jung.jpg
655 KB, 725x951
>>7879640
Read Mysterium Coniunctionis. Best Jung work. Merges his psychoanalytic insights with alchemy. Also...
Carl Jung: “I need not have written any books; it is all on the stone.”
>>
>>7879664
>we are not born tabula rasa
nobody i know of in academia disagrees with this premise.
>>
what if plato was a boy?
>>
File: plato.jpg (156 KB, 640x460) Image search: [Google]
plato.jpg
156 KB, 640x460
>>7879678
If he was a boy, he'd still be trapped in the closet.
>>
>>7879671
Tabula Rasa in this case doesn't include genes, instincts, Kant's a priori and so on.
>>
It is better to read summaries of his works and beliefs than to actually read his own writings, I feel the same way about Kierkegaard too.
>>
>>7879684
then how are you defining the term? i was using the term in reference to locke's thinking.
>>
>>7879697
either/or is still one of my favorite philosophical works. i enjoy philosophical works that read more like literature though.
>>
>>7879666
what's on the stone papa?
>>
>>7879638
As a way richer pleb than a libcuck, yes.
>>
>>7879638
Actually, it did look like klimt to me, but it looked like somebody ripping klimt off.
>>
>>7879708
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL_qLonQCSo
>>
>>7879741
make sure to got to the 21:12 minute mark as well as watching the beginning of the video.
>>
>>7879746
i don't understand i single thing of what he said, could you enlighten me?
>>
>>7879925
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axiom_of_Maria

Also, note his use of dualistic monisms when he speaks from 1:10 - 2:40.
>>
File: map.jpg (109 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
109 KB, 1152x648
>>7879925
here's a visual representation i made up in paint to help you understand.
>>
>>7879469
Freud - Sex + Disney = Jung
>>
File: lionkingsex1.jpg (119 KB, 1366x1024) Image search: [Google]
lionkingsex1.jpg
119 KB, 1366x1024
>>7880142
but di$ney's all about sex.
>>
>>7880153
That's an 'F', 'SFX' (special effects).
>>
>>7879664
>which means we are not born tabula rasa but with intersubjective structures
Why do people have a hard time accepting this? If you ask me, it goes right along with genetics, etc.
>>
>>7881593
Nevermind, I notice someone already asked the same thing. Though I wish you came back to clear the question up.
>>
>>7879697
Absolutely not.
>>
>>7879469
He's very interesting. Basically, symbolism is everywhere and symbols direct us more than we realise. Archetypes are symbols that are present throughout time periods and cultures, and are particularly revealing of human nature.
I don't think the idea of a collective unconscious is at all absurd, seeing as we all have a human brain and share many things in common, even though we differ. And we differ less than we perceive.
I find his writing on dreams particularly interesting, but don't expect to be able to interpret your own with ease. I'm often confused about their meaning for a while.
Also I haven't read much about synchronicity, but basically it doesn't matter if dreams actually are created in order to teach us something (which they probably are anyway); the patterns we see provide insight of themselves (why do I see it like that?) - this is why the dreamer's opinion & the dream's context is necessary for dream interpretation.
Any of those 'dream dictionaries' are bullshit, essentially. And Jung emphasizes this.
>>7879512
Don't dismiss things you don't understand.
>>
>>7880169
it's clearly an E
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.