[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW FORMAT: Contain your bitching about the new format of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6
File: google.png (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
google.png
30 KB, 400x400
NEW FORMAT: Contain your bitching about the new format of the board in this thread.

So that normal discussion can continue unfettered in other threads.
>>
Better than the Honkening desu
>>
I'm digging it desu. Pretty hilarious stuff
>>
>>7875171

The catalog view is still the same as before if that helps. The threads still appear in the new format unfortunately.
>>
>>7875171
Nice ebin april fools
>>
>>7875173

I can almost hear the admins sniggering to themselves about this genius prank which will undoubtedly rile up thousands of basement dwelling frogposters who will post "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in response and inevitably moan about it until the decision is removed.

I'd normally say that this is pretty tame stuff from admins but I'm sure they are counting on autists to overreact and cause a shitstorm about this.
>>
>>7875171
Digging the new look. Looks like we got that Google sponsor after all.
>>
Oh it's April 1st isn't it. Great. Thanks, internet.
>>
File: anger.jpg (207 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
207 KB, 692x960
BTW has anyone else noticed a spike in the number of frogposters here on /lit/ ?

Most of the posts with the pepe frog usually are pretty dumb as well:

> smugpepe.jpg : why should I read /lit/ ?
> sadpepe.jpg : tfw chad fucked gf. suggest a book for this feel
> smugpepe.jpg: just fucked gf. book for this feel?
>smugpepe.jpg: finish high school assignment 1 day before deadline. wew.
>pepe.jpg: 2 page paper due next week. help /lit/.
>smugpepe.jpg: just marathoned this novella. do i like it? is it lit approved?

------------------------
maybe it's because of the huge influx from other boards such as /mu/, /fit/ etc?
>>
>>7875189
>maybe it's because of the huge influx from other boards such as /mu/, /fit/ etc?

This and reddit.
>"M-muh reddit boogeyman"
REdit is real and redditers are coming here, senpai.
>>
This interface is really shit. It's torture on my eyes.
>>
>>7875189
Frogposts are almost always incredibly stupid. They're posted everywhere far too often.
>>
>>7875200
Why aren't you blocking it then?
>>
My god it's really awful. Not the best prank.
>>
The clean look is great. But... it's missing something.
>>
>>7875181
>>7875173
>>7875172
>>7875230

It's bloated and overblown. It prioritizes the beaten-to-death "flat" style which everyone is incorporating nowadays to look more "modern".

It prioritizes "style" over utility. One has to scroll more and text per unit space is lesser now. This is why google+ is such a shit tryhard failure of webdesign. Eg, why are there spaces between boxes? The names add more clutter.

The entire thing is just really bad.

Not saying that 4chan's original layout is too great either.
>>
>>7875189
I've noticed a good overlap between frog-posters and pol-posters, i.e., worthless political bait, no books
>>
>>7875171
You're no longer OP, OR.

Lel
>>
It's such a missed opportunity by the admins. All they needed to do was add an upvote button and the entirety of 4chan would have lost its shit.
>>
>>7875237
4chan does not promote hegemony desu
>>
>>7875237
this
>>
>>7875234
>>7875211
>>7875197
>>7875189

How do we make people from /pol/, /mu/, /fit/ and reddit go back?

To be honest, by this point the number of frogposting threads and "just read this book, do i like it" threads are getting out of hand.

Every fucking day there are threads asking the same questions over and over (answers to which can be be found in the sticky). And these threads don't even discuss literary content. They're usually incredibly dumb requests like asking for help for school homework or some personal anecdote about some dumb shit. These threads devolve into their personal blogposts and discussion is shit.

How do we improve the quality of discussion on this board?

Or did its (anonymous)design ensure the inevitability of its gradual demise?
>>
>>7875237
agreed
>>
i like it :^)
>>
>>7875250
Cute Katie
>>
>>7875250
People need to report more posts and the admin. needs to enforce the ban hammer.
>>
>>7875269
I agree with this, this isn't /b/, it's up to mods/janitors to enforce the standards and rules

Unfortunately I keep on reporting a lot of terrible shit which often stays for another day or so, mods around here are pretty hands-off
>>
>>7875250

Haha. People think I'm from /mu but I've posted on that board maybe once and hardly even lurk there. /lit is my home base.

The mods here suck. They deleted a post I made in that respond to an image with a piece of writing thread. It was actually a piece of writing responding to an image too. Lame ass censors.
>>
>>7875171
check the date m9 it's just a prank
>>
>>7875285
yeah, Duane, I think he knows.
>>
>>7875285

I know it is. I just wanted to avoid seeing a billion other threads on the lit catalog with the same topic all saying "REEEEEEEE" in response to this change.

Better to contain all of it in one place.

Also this thread can be used for casual discussion without shitting up the rest of the board.
>>
>>7875289

Casual /lit/ discussion mostly.
>>
just came from /int/ to ask if the names are causing a massive memeing here too, thanks
>>
File: getoldthemeback.png (72 KB, 825x698) Image search: [Google]
getoldthemeback.png
72 KB, 825x698
In case anyone is interested:

HOW TO GET YOUR OLD THEME BACK:

Block the following:

http://s.4cdn.org/css/md2016.*.css
https://s.4cdn.org/css/md2016.*.css

in whatever adblock you use.

There's always a setting in your adblocker that lets you put your own filters.

Putting the above two filters disables the new css theme. You are welcome.
>>
>>7875316
nah this is refreshing
>>
>>7875316
Chaos > order, my friend.
>>
File: 1384438702610.gif (2 MB, 400x248) Image search: [Google]
1384438702610.gif
2 MB, 400x248
>>7875250
execute elitism 2.0
>>
God, it's so ugly.
>>
I wish the pictures weren't rounded.
And this white makes my eyes burn
>>
>>7875171
It needs some work and is probably a joke but honestly I would be totally cool with an updated style.
>>
>>7875686
Yeah, the pictures were a nice touch. Almost enough to make me wish I still had some faith in humanity left, so I could lose it again.
>>
>>7875694
This.
I'm liking the random name generator currently. But the google plus format has to go.
>>
>>7875237
>+(You) this post
never lurked so hard in my life. i think... i think i'm actually going to go outside.
>>
>>7875237
4chan x did that. replies starting with "そうだ", "this", "/thread" or "yeah" count as one
>>
All these names are actually pretty cool. I should start saving them, so I can use them in my stories.
>>
>>7876463
Yeah, I've been writing them all down.
>>
>>7875694
I'm not sure if you frequent /g/, but the irony there is hilarious. There are multiple shitflinging threads, but most of the CSS you'll see in the desktop threads look exactly like this,
>>
>>7875250
/fit/ is not and has never been a problem. The only time it pops up are in fitness related reading, how to become patrician, or what other boards do you visit threads, and also very rare encouragement to focus on body and mind.
>>
>>7875250
lately, /tv/ has been making threads here too
>>
Is this for real? test
>>
>>7876545
What are your conclusions?
>>
>>7876545
No, it's fake.
>>
>>7876545
everything is an illusion
>>
>>7875197

Oh hey there Faulkner, love your shit senpai
>>
>>7875178
Are you autistic? Everyone knows it's just a prank, bro. I don't think anyone is 'riled up'.
>>
>>7876801
Ha
>>
>>7875316
This just puts it back to the default theme. How do I get back my tomorrow theme?
>>
>>7876816
>He actually uses tomorrow
wew lad
>>
>>7876825
I have sensitive eyes.
>>
>>7876816
>not using OneeChan
>>
File: Drug-Bust_IMG_0572-1024x768.jpg (158 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Drug-Bust_IMG_0572-1024x768.jpg
158 KB, 1024x768
Am i the only one that doesnt have blue or beige boards on my browser anymore?
>>
wait a minute, u mean this shit isn't just an april fool's joke? this circle bullshit is here to stay? why the fuck is that stupid jap ruining my life with this shit
>>
File: 1448065604917.png (22 KB, 332x363) Image search: [Google]
1448065604917.png
22 KB, 332x363
>>7875357
This.
>>
>>7875233
autism
>>
testing:
desu
senpai
cuck
>>
>>7875250
You think the problem isn't /lit/ itself? Sure its gotten worse the past year or so but the majority of shitthreads are of the same caliber as before
>>
>>7877059
It's obviously an april fool's joke, you moronic racist.
>>
bump. April 1st is over here so it should be fixed sooner rather than later you jerks.
>>
>>7875171
>>7875174
What's the new format? I noticed the names, but you guys seem to be talking about something different.
>>
>>7878572
it was so ugly, it feels like google +.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.